Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Collection CS6 Mac discs cannot be read

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried to read both DVDs from the Master Collection CS6 for Mac, and the DVD reader simply ignored them. The DVD reader can be seen from the system, and other discs are read with no issues.

Does some have a guess on why they can't be read? And, yes, any idea on how to read them?

Paolo

[Edited & merged by moderator.]

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know someone with a Mac to do a test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a second Mac, but the DVD reader is the same, and could not see the discs. I have access to another Mac at the office, now out due to the covid, but I would have to use the same reader I'm using now.

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The media probably contains surface scratches and/or dirt that your optical reader can't reconcile.  If you have a DVD/CD disk washer, you could try running your media through it.

If you don't own a disk washer, there are some home remedies you can try.  See this YT video for details.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this hint! I see in the light that the discs are apparently perfect. No fingerprints (I never touch the surface of discs), no dust. I used an air pump for photocameras to remove any invisible trace of dust, but there was no difference. Judging from the difference in noise, it is as if these discs are simply ignored by the reader. I don't hear the head moving, as I do with other discs.

These discs are densely decorated. I fear the ink has damaged them. I had this happen with a couple audio CDs, in the past.

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

===================
Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

===================
Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Elligible Students & Teachers get 60% off for the first year.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't want to buy the Creative Suite again, but to be able to access my purchase. Either by being able to read my original installation discs, or by downloading the data (a common way of recovering data from all the other vendors I purchased my software from).

I've already happily found very satisfactory alternatives to the Adobe software for most of my tasks, but I still have to use InDesign, presumably for a couple years still. Until then, I and my collaborators will be forced to use this older software in a way or the other.

The availbabily of a Publishing Plan would have made the transition to Creative Cloud viable. Not so with the full Creative Cloud as the only option.

I admit that the lack of support I'm experiencing on this matter is not an encouragement to remain or return to be an Adobe customer.

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I can't help you with downloads to older software.  Owing to Adobe's version policy, links to older installers are no longer available.  Sorry.

"... but I still have to use InDesign..."

QuarkXPress is still around.  Pricing starts at $295/year.

Or you can buy a single app subscription to the latest InDesign for only $240/year.  See screenshot. Plan includes 100GB of cloud storage, Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Fonts and Adobe Spark.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy, thank you for the hints. There is also another viable solution that is still in the development stage (Affinity Publisher). I'm awaiting to see how it develops, and if it will end up being right for our needs. Its companion apps are already excellent.

Another reason to wait is that page-based publications might no longer be needed in my work, at least in the medium-short term. So, any temporary solution (from the annual rent of InDesign CC, to procrastinating any upgrade to ID CS6 – still the one used in my environment) is fine for the moment.

Yet, if I can find a way to do one more step with the Mac OS, I would be happy.

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since my old CS6 Master Collection DVDs can no longer be read on my Mac (other discs can be read, so I can't understand why), I would like to download the .iso of the original disks.

I could find the download page (https://helpx.adobe.com/it/download-install/kb/cs6-product-downloads.html/a#), but the link is broken. Is there a way to download them?

Thank you in advance.

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... Adobe has removed all download links... EXCEPT for those who originally purchased via download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. I have the discs, so I'm sure I didn't purchase via download. I can't understand why the can't be read.

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know someone with a Mac to try and read the discs on another computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines