Highlighted

Microsoft Visual C++ error preventing install

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Unsure if anyone is having this problem.  Over the past month or so, this has cropped up as I've 'installed' or 'updated' specific apps.  Recently, it got so bad, that I just removed everything from my system.  So starting from scratch, it was to my surprise that it cropped up again when I'm just installing Creative Cloud itself.

Any help out there?

Using a Windows 10 machine. Not too recent, but a decent video card FYI.  The error is indicated below, with the prompt.

Thank you all!

'Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.15.26706'

The feature you are trying to use is on a

network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a

folder containing the installation package

'vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi' in the box below.

Use source:

C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{BBF2AC74-720C-3CB3-8291-5E34039232FA}v14.0.24215\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_x86\

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the full C runtime

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Microsoft Visual C++ error preventing install

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Unsure if anyone is having this problem.  Over the past month or so, this has cropped up as I've 'installed' or 'updated' specific apps.  Recently, it got so bad, that I just removed everything from my system.  So starting from scratch, it was to my surprise that it cropped up again when I'm just installing Creative Cloud itself.

Any help out there?

Using a Windows 10 machine. Not too recent, but a decent video card FYI.  The error is indicated below, with the prompt.

Thank you all!

'Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.15.26706'

The feature you are trying to use is on a

network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a

folder containing the installation package

'vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi' in the box below.

Use source:

C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{BBF2AC74-720C-3CB3-8291-5E34039232FA}v14.0.24215\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_x86\

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the full C runtime

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, where on the site is the Reinstall located, all i see are forum boards....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines