• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

migration guide Adobe CC 2015 to a new Mac

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading everything, everywhere. It would be nice if there was a 'complete' Adobe guide to moving CC to a new Mac (OS10.11.3) (Probably good for a Window folks, too), Including cloud, apps, library, perhaps stock photos, etc.

Ok, I got it, you can't migrate Adobe..  Wonderful.

Do you only un-authorize CC, uninstall, both or something else?

But when you perform a 'migration Assistant'  you can't choose which apps to transfer and which ones not to transfer. If if you could you wouldn't get everything anyway... except plists, App Support, Preferences, etc.

So when it's written that you need to 'install' the CC apps, does that mean to install OVER what was migrated? or Just reactivate what was migrated?

And, please. let somebody know the result of the action... Terrific!, Just OK, or this is a list of what you have to do after the migration to get all your CC apps, etc. back up and running.

I'd like to know prior to migration, kinda tells me how much time I need to allow before I start the next (CC) project.

Normally with Mac.. it's 'drop dead  easy', follow your nose.. Is CC the same?

thanks, Ron

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Ok, here is really what I did...first, trash migration assistant. Backup your old Mac using carbon copy. Plug that drive into you new machine. download all the cc apps you use from Adobe. Then use the backup to recreate the supporting documents. Authorize cc again.. ( just start using them to start the activation process.  And it all works quite well.

Time needed to get all back up and running is all dependent on the time it takes to download the adobe apps and get you dependent docs Over.

you ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do not migrate, copy, use time-machine, etc your adobe executables.

0.  sync any programs whose settings you want to import to your new computer

1.  install the cc desktop app to your new computer, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

2.  install your cc programs using the cc desktop app

3.  for programs that have a catalog to organize your production files, export that catalog or check google for tutorials for each program

4.  import your catalogs and production files and settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here is really what I did...first, trash migration assistant. Backup your old Mac using carbon copy. Plug that drive into you new machine. download all the cc apps you use from Adobe. Then use the backup to recreate the supporting documents. Authorize cc again.. ( just start using them to start the activation process.  And it all works quite well.

Time needed to get all back up and running is all dependent on the time it takes to download the adobe apps and get you dependent docs Over.

you can still run the Adobe apps on your old machine under the 30 day trial if if you need something from them you can't get any other way.. Like supporting UrLS, user names, passwords, etc for DW Websites.

good luck..

Btw.. Ironically, the Wife had similar ( not Adobe related) problem moving her pc. Using pcmover, but that's another story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's what i said 4 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines