Move Adobe programs to another HDD

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am wanting to move my Adobe programs (Creative Cloud, Lightroom & Photoshop cc) to run from another drive in my system.

Is this possible? If so, can someone please assist..?

When downloading, an option for where to download to is not available, and when I have tried to cut the program from the C: drive to another drive it will not move the files as it states that parts are currently open.

Thanks.....

TOPICS
Installation

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

LEGEND , Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016
The Creative Cloud manager has to be installed on the main system drive (C). To Change Install Location for Applications - With the CC application opened, choose the little gear icon in the upper right corner and then choose Preferences.  In the Preferences screen select Creative Cloud and then look for the Install Location drop down

translate

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I created my F disk with this:

Nina5FE1_0-1608410501520.png

But I really don't know what it is lol

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the diskmanagement program in Windows which you would need to use if you put a new and unused hard drive in your computer OR attached externally. It is used to *initialise* the drive and prepare it for data by allocationg the space. You could split a large drive of 1Tb or more in to smaller sections such as 2 of 500Gb (approx) or 1 of 600Gb and 1 of 350+. You don't get the full use of the size a drive is stated as being because of small areas that are already 'protected' and not accessible.

If you wanted to change your F drive *letter* to be D you can do it in this program... but if you did then you would have to make a change to the Adobe CC preference setup installation again as you'd not have the F drive if changed to D. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you're right! I only had 10Go left previously and now that everything is in the good folder (I can assure you that it wasn't, previously to my first post), I have more space there. Should've noticed it earlier.

And ok, understood! Thanks a lot sir! I'll try and do this neatly while going to my parents' home! 🙂

Have a great day!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may already be aware of this... but if not; One thing I've noticed with Windows is that there are times when it doesn't *refresh* contents view of a "drive/window/folder" to show new activity IF it's been doing a lot of 'work' - so the drive/window/folder has to be manually refreshed (the circle arrow) for it to appear. I'd hazard a guess this is what happened with you. I've even had it happen with work saved direct to the desktop and had to right click mouse button and select "refresh" from the mini menu.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nina

From the screen grabs you've given it looks as if you are now set for the programs to install and update to your F drive so, yes, I'd say you are now okay.

The Adobe CC programs that are on your C drive do need to be there - I have similar on my C drive in the programs (x86) folder as you'll see - along with some other older folders:

Accipiter51_0-1608468622062.png

It also looks as though you have regained 9+Gb on your C drive as you previously mentioned only having 10Gb and you now have 19Gb 👍

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

easy just find where the program is installed C:\Program Files\Adobe it is dumb how they don't give you an option considering we pay a f ton a month or year just move the folder containing the apps then re make the shortcuts.

also would like to note that the cloud launcher is so badly made for windows 10 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what I had done previously but I noticed that the apps weren't updating at all, the Cloud did not recognize them as "here" and idk why.

And I agree too, it's so expensive it blows my mind how you can do that. Yet recently my teachers told me about the Affinity Suite and I'm pretty much happy with it. Only app from the Adobe Suite that'll miss and still searching for a cheap & viable alternative is After Effects, it's so god*amn good...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines