• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MSVCP140.dll was not found

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently got Adobe Photoshop and with that i need to have Creative cloud to download it but when i download creative cloud and try to open it up all it says is "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." but i tried reinstalling and the same message came up and it keeps telling me this. I do not know what i am doing wrong or how to fix this error.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does that mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont even know what c runtime is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have all the latest upgrades for Windows 10?  I ask because the latest Visual C++ runtime is usually pushed out by Microsoft when you upgrade your Windows operating system.  If not, then you'll need to install Visual C++ manually from the link John T Smith posted above.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>what does that mean... I dont even know what c runtime is

Trying to explain finding and installing a Microsoft update via the Internet is not easy

Do you have a friend who knows more about Windows who could help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure that your machine meets or exceeds the minimum requirements to run Creative Cloud desktop app + Photoshop, etc...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Google and enter

installing c runtime tutorial video

Then watch the video instructions that will show in the search results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the error above.

I have a brand new machine with a fresh installation of Windows 10 1909.

According to the Control Panel's list of installed programs, the machine already has Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2017 all installed (x86 and x64 versions for all that I listed).

The download one obtains from Microsoft following the suggestions above for the 2015 Redistributable refuses to install (likely due to the 2017 version already being installed).

Does anyone have a further suggestion?  Adobe's Creative Cloud will not run and I cannot migrate to this new machine until I get Lightroom and Photoshop into a usable state!

Thanks for any assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

No need to reinstall them, repairing them should be enough.

Go in the Settings, Applications, Apps & features, you will find the list of the softwares installed on your computer.

Find the lastests install for Microsoft Visual C++ and repair them. It should do the trick, but I'm not sure if repairing only the lastest version is enough so, don't hesitate to repair one or 2 previous versions too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the Same issue a few hours ago. Found this thread but just to be on the safe side i uninstalled and reinstalled all the x64 versions. It doesnt take long to do them all at all as the programmes are small. 5mins for all 3. Then i rebooted the system and then reinstalled Adobe. All works fine now.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Deleting all of the x64 versions and reinstalling the latest one worked for me too. It wouldn't allow me to uninstall Adobe originally and repairs for the x64 versions made no difference. I'm so glad you made this suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still confused on how this adobe works please can someone work me
through thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. Ran the latest Windows 10 update, but did not help. Tried to install Visual C++, but could not due to the newest version already installed. Repaired Visual C++ per cedricfr's suggestion and it fixed the problem. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got two codes of this kind and I just went to the apps and looked for the visual cc programs wich are easy to find and clik modify and then repair and without reinstalling the adobe cloud nor photoshop, it worked. thanks

me salieron dos codigos de ese tipo y fui a las aplicaciones , busque los programas de visual CC y repare unos cuantos, no tuve que reinstalar los programas de adobe cloud y sirvio bien.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

para repararlos solo vas a apps and features y buscas microsoft visuals cc le picas modify, allow to make changes and then repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked like a charm for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh super, j'avais le même problème et votre conseil a réglé le problème.

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, tried this! I had 8 different Microsoft Visual C++ listed in my programs, and each one that let me, I clicked "Modify" and then "Repair" ... then tried to launch Creative Cloud products again and it worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks cedricfr! Had issue after installing InDesign 2021, I repaired 4 files and worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me 100% Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to submit my adobe log file from running the log file collecter app after installation failure of CC, PS and Lrc.  each program stalls.  I have tried the repair and unistall apps repeatedly.  Please help.  I have iMac with 10.15.7 system recently recovered from system failure and rebuilt using TimeMachine following Fusion HD replacement (2TB mechanical drive replaced).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anybody is still having about how to repair their Visual C++ in windows, I made this quick video to show you how.

https://youtu.be/5ZKtuQXhJJo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. It worked fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thank you @cedricfr, repairing MS Visual C++ fixed that issue and a "vcruntime.dll [approx. file name] missing" error as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines