Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following installed on my Windows laptop:

Lightroom Classic

Photoshop 2020

Photoshop CC 2018

Photoshop CC 2019

Camera Raw

I'm an amateur photographer taking vacation photos. I use Lightroom Classic the most, along with Camera Raw. Rarely use Photoshop, mostly to make phone lock screen backgrounds. Do I need all three Photoshop apps? If not, what should I keep? And will removing any Photoshop apps cause me problems with the remainder?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy_OShea | Adobe Community Professional

I keep old versions of apps until I'm certain I will never need them again to support a 3rd party plugin or discontinued filter.  But to answer your question, you do not need Photoshop to use Lightroom, etc... 

You may Uninstall all or none, your choice, with your CC Desktop App.

While you're at it, you might want to change your Preferences (gear icon) to turn off automatic updates.  I prefer to update manually when I'm ready.

Note:  Owing to Adobe's version policy, pre-2019 versions are no longer offered in CC Desktop App.  If you remove 2018, you'll never be able to get it back.

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multiple versions of Photoshop installed

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following installed on my Windows laptop:

Lightroom Classic

Photoshop 2020

Photoshop CC 2018

Photoshop CC 2019

Camera Raw

I'm an amateur photographer taking vacation photos. I use Lightroom Classic the most, along with Camera Raw. Rarely use Photoshop, mostly to make phone lock screen backgrounds. Do I need all three Photoshop apps? If not, what should I keep? And will removing any Photoshop apps cause me problems with the remainder?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy_OShea | Adobe Community Professional

I keep old versions of apps until I'm certain I will never need them again to support a 3rd party plugin or discontinued filter.  But to answer your question, you do not need Photoshop to use Lightroom, etc... 

While you're at it, you might want to change your Preferences (gear icon) to turn off automatic updates.  I prefer to update manually when I'm ready.

Note:  Owing to Adobe's version policy, pre-2019 versions are no longer offered in CC Desktop App.  If you remove 2018, you'll never be able to get it back.

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it safe to uninstall all but latest version of Lightroom & Photoshop on my Mac as well?  Thank you for sharing your expertise!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines