• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe products load automatically on startup.

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat installed on my iMac, running Mojave.  I can't figure out how to prevent them all from loading automatically every time I log in to my computer.  Based on recommendations on a previous thread, I checked System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items, and verified that there are no Adobe products listed there.  I also right clicked the icons on my dock, and verified in the Options that "Open at Login" is unchecked.  Since neither of those seem to be the issue, what else can I do to prevent those apps from starting automatically?

Thanks! !@

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an OS problem, not a problem with Creative Cloud.  See if anything in this article helps you.

How to remove startup programs in macOS Mojave and earlier OS X?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Reopen windows when logging back in is not checked when you shut down your mac.

li.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whatever you do, do not download Clean My Mac from the link above.

I cannot stress that enough!

That is the mac equivalent of windows virus and malware all put together.

It has the potential to do so much damage to your macOS that you need to reinstall the operating system, which has been proven time and again on these very forums by users whom installed it only to find it deleted so much os code that their adobe applications would no longer work and the only fix was to reinstall the operating system and then all of their software.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7050520

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines