• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My CS6 backed up application, when restored, doesn't work.

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being perfectly satisfied with version CS6 of Illustrator and my Mac mini, I was as happy as Larry!  Trouble is, that after a recent crash, I relied on my external backup drive to restore everything back to normal. 99% is fine BUT my Illustrator CS6 doesn't work.  I do have version CS5 installed as well, but I'm now unable to read or edit any of my old files. On my back-up, are the installers, but they require the serial numbers.  Originally, I tried to upgrade from CS5 to CS6, but at the time Adobe said it was too late and the upgrade had been discontinued. So I went on the illustrator forum to complain. I've been a loyal Adobe customer for years, since Photoshop 4 and Illustrator 6 and have a printed out copy of my purchasing history.  An official Adobe administrator, contacted me as a result and allowed me to download the CS6 installers. He even phoned me and I followed his installation instructions. All my other purchases are on CDs with serial numbers on the cardboard sleeves. I have a Mac mini with Mountain Lion installed and, as a retired person, I don't want the expense of upgadig my hardware and pay the perpetual rental/subscription for the  latest versions of software. As a cartoonist and comic strip artist, my CS6 version is all I need! Help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Try https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

It's a matter of removing the closing parenthesis ")" at the end of the link previously given in Srishti's post above. The ")" inadvertently became part of the URL and causes the 404 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rovert,

I have tried to alert an Adobe friend about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jacob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Rovert.

We live in hope.

Edit: I just came to think that if you have registered your CS6, you ought to be able to see the serial number(s) on this page:

https://account.adobe.com/products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hopeful that the issue was resolved by the suggestion shared by Jacob. If not, I would request if you could try the steps shared on this page (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html) and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for taking the trouble, trying to solve my problem.  Sorry to say I just got a 'page not found/error 404' message when I clicked on the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

It's a matter of removing the closing parenthesis ")" at the end of the link previously given in Srishti's post above. The ")" inadvertently became part of the URL and causes the 404 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I followed the corrected link. However, it didn't  produce a solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you clarify?

The link did not take you to the correct page? Or you still could not retrieve your serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rovert,

I hope you are keeping an eye on your (Adobe ID) email and your List Private Messages (using the Envelope button at the top right of the forum window beside the Bell and your avatar).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

Thanks for the reminder. No messages so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines