Highlighted

My CS6 licensed apps won't open after signing up for Acrobat DC trial

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a licensed owner of the CS6 suite of Adobe apps for Mac. Since I started the signup process for a free trial of Adobe DC a couple of weeks ago, none of my CS6 apps will open. When I try to open a CS6 app I just get a notification telling me I have to sign in with my Adobe ID to use my ***TRIAL*** of the app. But I already OWN IT!!! Apparently the signup process for the trial of Adobe DC has corrupted my credentials for my apps, so they won't even open up.

If I go the main Adobe.com page it says: "Welcome back -- You have the Creative Cloud Free plan.This plan gives you access to free product trials, tutorials, and more. But to experience everything Creative Cloud has to offer, you'll have to upgrade to one of our paid plans."

But I ***DON'T*** have the Creative Cloud Free Plan! I have paid for a licensed copy! How do I solve this problem??? Help!!!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My CS6 licensed apps won't open after signing up for Acrobat DC trial

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a licensed owner of the CS6 suite of Adobe apps for Mac. Since I started the signup process for a free trial of Adobe DC a couple of weeks ago, none of my CS6 apps will open. When I try to open a CS6 app I just get a notification telling me I have to sign in with my Adobe ID to use my ***TRIAL*** of the app. But I already OWN IT!!! Apparently the signup process for the trial of Adobe DC has corrupted my credentials for my apps, so they won't even open up.

If I go the main Adobe.com page it says: "Welcome back -- You have the Creative Cloud Free plan.This plan gives you access to free product trials, tutorials, and more. But to experience everything Creative Cloud has to offer, you'll have to upgrade to one of our paid plans."

But I ***DON'T*** have the Creative Cloud Free Plan! I have paid for a licensed copy! How do I solve this problem??? Help!!!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Creative Cloud reverts to trial.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

IMO, you should use Creative Cloud on another computer away from Creative Suite.  Otherwise, they will be forever competing with each other for control.  And CC usually wins.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much, Nancy, but I don't use Creative Cloud at all. Never have. (And now I ***never*** will, that's for sure!) I simply started the signup process for Adobe DC without being aware that it was a Creative Cloud app. And I never even completed the signup process -- when a page showed up requiring my credit card number for the "free" trial I didn't proceed, so the trial never even started and I have never once used Adobe DC.  I just want the apps I paid hundreds of dollars for back.

Also, the page you linked provides two alternative solutions, neither of which worked. Solution 1 says to download Adobe Application Manager, but the link leads to a page which says: "⚠ We have deprecated Adobe Application Manager and will be removing this download page soon.", and there's no download link. 

Solution 2 says I should first launch the Adobe Application Manager, so I did. But when it started up it immediately started an "Updating Adobe Application Manager" progress window, but the installation failed. (I got a "Sorry, there seems to be a problem with the installation process: Error code A12E1" message.) And now the Adobe Application Manager app has been completely removed from my computer. Lovely.

So unfortunately I'm still dead in the water.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Use the Adobe Cleaner tool below to wipe Adobe CC and CS files off your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

2. Reboot computer.

3. Re-install CS6.

Old Creative Suite installers are not compatible with Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave.  See the workarounds described below.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-cloud-mac-os-sierra.html

And don't even try to use legacy CS6 on Catalina.  It will never work.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real reason is that at one time CS6 was part of the Creative Cloud system.

Even if you bought a stand alone license for CS6 and then installed any CC program it made CS6 look like it was part of the subscription service, model.

About your only option is to unstall everything and then reinstall CS6. Isn't there a version of Acrobat that is included in CS6? If there is you will have to stick with that version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  I was able to open CS6 once and then never again after, I guess, it communicated with Adobe.  Absolutely maddening.  This prevents me from ever getting to use the cloud apps.  Adobe needs to fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Adobe needs to fix this

Will never happen... CS6 is EOL (End of Life) and is no longer supported

The solution is in the messages above... completely remove everything and re-install CS6... and never again install the Cloud

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 1