• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My install of Adobe Creative Cloud is significantly slowing down internet.

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did an entire wipe of my computer to start clean because I was having severe issues with the internet (typing delay and video playback).  I was very careful as I reinstalled anything to make sure that it wasn't the item causing any issues.  Things seemed to be fine until I installed Adobe Acrobat Professional via Creative Cloud and then all heck broke loose on my computer yet again.  Things were extremely slow updating when typing and causing major issues and video playback was horrible.  I haven't been able to update or get into the Creative Cloud app.  However, when I quit the app from my toolbar (macintosh) I was able to get my computer to work normally again.

Please advise on how to solve this problem.  It is causing severe delays in my work as a graphic artist.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Adobe's cleaner eliminated the issue for me and several others:

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I have the same damn problem. I even reinstall many time. I even went further and reformat my machine three times, then when I install yoyr Creative Cloud, my internet slowed down so much that it is not working. Don't even start with me on resetting my passwords to my Adobe account because I already DID three times

Adobe, speak up! I betcha you are keeping quiet about this after the massive security breach you had last year.

If there is no solution to this,  I will be forced to take legal actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same issue here. When I use the 30-day trial everything went perfectly. That's why I decided to purchase the lightroom 5. I tried to purchase one with a serial number but that was not an option. So I went with the Creative Cloud one. And the problem immediately arose. Whenever I use Lightroom 5 my whole computer slowed down. The PS Element is extremely slow, the internet browser is very slow....

What is the cause? What is the solution? This hugely impacted my work efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same speed troubles. Just upgrade from CS 5 to cloud and my computer CRAWLS when I am using Photoshop and Illustrator. (which as a web designer are kinda my bread and butter tools) Seriously looking to cancel my subscription and go with Sketch or something else. It takes 3 times as long to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on a new laptop. What I found was if I log out of Creative Cloud and reboot my computer is back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be great if someone from Adobe would acknowledge this issue and respond to their community with a solution.

More and more I feel as though they treat their customers as a "test environment" for their product launches.

I was very reluctant to upgrade to CC 2014 and I really wish I hadn't now.

All the apps are SLOW and have really lowered my productivity.

Many users are frustrated with you ADOBE! Listen up! Take action!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Got on CC for the Photography package, Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC/2014. My laptop just crawls now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!

Has there been any type of headway to finding a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue!! please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, mainly with illustrator which won't even work if anything microsoft is open. Internet slowed down to a snails pace so I have installed superhighway, which is great until creative cloud is opened. Adobe need to help us here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trial version of CC with LR and PS has slowed my computer down to a snail's pace.  I have an HP with I5, 9 G of ram, and very fast internet download and upload.  I would love to use the subscription service, but not at the expense of my computer's speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actively try to NOT use Adobe CC apps anymore, as they always significantly compromise my computer's performance.  I find myself going back to CS4 or CS5 versions 95% of the time, unless I've budgeted time to walk away, make a sandwich, watch a movie, and take a shower while they launch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emptied out my temp files, etc. and turned the Sync "OFF". That seems to have sped it up a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I followed you guy's instructions. I turned off my CC application while rendering a Premiere project. The render time dropped from 1 hour 14 minutes all the way to 30 minutes.

My research suggested conflicts with system drivers and applications, preventing it from working quickly. I don't know if this is true....it's possible since my CPU usage is still at 100%, but my mouse, keyboard, and internet sped back up after disabling CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup... It is very very slow... I have a new computer and I am currently at a location where the internet is very fast. Where I live, the internet is very slow so I wonder how it would be when I go home. I'm at 6% for illustrator and it has been hours. It sat at 0% for a long time and I was starting to think that something was wrong then it changed to 1%. I'll have to see how this goes. I have 30 days to get my $ back if this all turns out to be more of a pain than it is worth. For the price, you'd think that Adobe would have better service. I tried to call the number I had for Adobe and they were closed!! On a slightly different note, hostgator has 24/7 service and when you call them, they are always very helpful. I was surprised that when I called Adobe, they were closed. Oh well, I really want this to work out so hopefully it will. If not, I guess it was not meant to be and I will have to unsubscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got illustrator. It took hours. I guess I should download InDesign and Photoshop while I have faster internet and see how it goes when I get home to slower internet. I live in a remote area and there is no faster internet option at the moment. They really need to make this better. I turned the sync off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation failed, error code 6. Wow, this experience so far is frustrating. I'm now on hold. What a waste of $%#^@&(# time!! Customer care so far really sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, now my Acrobat goes immediately into "unresponsive" mode and then closes itself.  I actually don't expect my Adobe apps to work anymore.  I need to get a hold of Adobe and adjust this subscription, if I keep it at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call them and be patient. I feel it is worth it. I'm enjoying the programs now. The guy at the helpdesk took over my computer and basically fixed it. He was pretty good. I asked where he was and he said India. I guess the helpdesk is located in India.I'm using indesign and illustrator now. I also downloaded photoshop but have not used it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I have the programs up and running, I'm really impressed with them. I found that the help vitdeos on Adobe does not load for me so I'm using linda.com, which I also have a membership to. I really wanted to watch the help videos that pops up when you open the program but they just sit there with the little circle going round and round and round...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had CC for just over a month.  It took several tries to get everything installed.  Like those posted above, my applications take forever to load, and then run extremely slow.  My pc is brand new, with all drivers up to date.  But you would think my machine is from 1990 based on the speed that these applications run.  I had to justify this expense, an now I have explain why it takes so long to get anything done. Embarrassing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to write a tempered version of what I really would like to express.

I feel that ever since I have collaborated with Creative Cloud -- I have been sorely abused.

This is what I call my programs - InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop - I call them the "HANGDOGS."

I'm not sure what is going on, but of course, I will try to do the right thing and work with Adobe or reinstall this or that.

But I've already been through that before. Seriously.

So, whenever you guys hear any news of salvation -- let me know.

I have no news. I'm sorry.

I wish I could be more help.

I feel like maybe there's incompatibility with other vendors/programs, etc.

Not sure.

Memory hogging? The fact that we are all online with them now?

But whenever I have to "Force Quit" on my iMac -- it always says an Adobe product is "not responding."

I'm getting desperate and I'm a graphic designer who uses all of their programs. They HOLD ME UP.

And I've been using them since 1989.

What changed?

Riki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I not seeing any "Staff" responses in this discussion?

I have just upgraded my team (8 members) to Yosemite and CC. We are all running very slow. Frustratingly slow! It is my job to correct this matter. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would obviously love to stay with CC and simply make the tweaks in our systems to correct the extreme slowness. However, if that is not an option . . .

I need to know if we can downgrade to CS6. We were previously on CS5.5 and jumped to CC. The current speed is unacceptable. However, additional cost is also unacceptable.

Please let me know my options.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2015 Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all its garbage. Who ever designed this software suite is selling people very crummy builds and of course wont admit it. I just dumped it from my laptop and its night and day faster. I am not going to renew my subscription when its up in 2mo. Then goodbye adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still trying to fault isolate, but it appears that if I have Dreamweaver CC or Lightroom 5 running, even if their windows are not active, I am likely to have my notebook Windows 7 PC crawl.  This is a relatively new (since December) behavior which is increasing in frequency to the point the applications are not workable.

I, too, and disappointed to see no response from Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines