• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photoshop update fails to apply

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to update photoshop desktop to v22 but it fails each time at 75%.  I uninstalled but adobe still thinks it is installed and tries to update again.  Same failure at 75%.  Please help

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

When the install fails, do you get an error message? 

Since you have already tried uninstalling the apps and re-installing it again, please try steps shared in this link for help:https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems

Do let us know the outcome. 

Thanks 

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  Failing at 73% and only get generic Update Failed error message and a Retry button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, my update fails at 75% as well but I get a message from my virus defender that says it contains a Trojan programme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Did you try the steps shared in the link above?

-Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link above doesn't work.  I get a 404 page not found error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Did you try the steps shared in the link above?

-Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.  I just downloaded the latest PS update successfully -- or so I thought -- but when it loads, it freezes and gives an error message, Request not acted on due to a programming error.  I can't even shut it down.  I have to go to Windows 10 Task Manager and close it there.  What do I do now?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing is happening. I'm on a Mac running Catalina. I went back to PS 2020 and will wait for Adobe to fix the bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry that many of you are encountering problems with the update process.  Can you please check the log files for the specific error that is preventing the update from installing?  Information on how to locate fatal errors can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-installation-log-files.html.

Thank you in advance for posting the errors that you discover!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also see that some people are using Windows and others are using macOS.  Please indicate which operating system you are using in addition to the fatal error you are encountering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.  Here is the installer log for today for Windows 10, 64 bit OS.  

WARN: target folder 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\HelpCfg' does not exist, treating package 'AdobePhotoshop22-Core_x64' as uninstalled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/21/20 14:01:44:554 | [INFO] | 9128 | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager | | HDPIM | 8404 | Inside hdpimTerminateSession
10/21/20 14:01:44:555 | [INFO] | 9128 | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager | | HDPIM | 8404 | Exiting hdpimTerminateSession, successfully closed session '0'
10/21/20 14:01:44:565 | [INFO] | 9128 | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext | | HDSetup | 13528 | Exit Code: 0
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 0 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

WARN: target folder 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\HelpCfg' does not exist, treating package 'AdobePhotoshop22-Core_x64' as uninstalled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/21/20 14:01:44:567 | [WARN] | 9128 | HDSetup | OOBEUtils | CommBridge | | OOBEUtils | 8404 | Aborting read on pipe 0000035C , errno: 109
10/21/20 14:01:44:567 | [WARN] | 9128 | HDSetup | OOBEUtils | CommBridge | | OOBEUtils | 8404 | Aborting read on pipe 0000035C , CBRawReadTry failed for packet info.
10/21/20 14:01:44:569 | [INFO] | 9128 | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext | | HDSetup | 13528 | ************************* END Adobe Setup *************************

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Default. I only see a warning, though; there are no fatal errors, only warnings within the log snippet you posted.  Please open the log file in your favorite text editor and then do a search for FATAL.  If that can't be found, then try searching for ERROR.

The log is appended to each time, so the most recent errors will be at the bottom of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest version of Win 10 64bit

Install log:

- 2 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 183) executing in command 'RunProgramCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop22-Core_x64', version:22.0.0.35
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop22-Core_x64 Version: 22.0.0.35). Error code: '183'
ERROR: CreateProcess failed! Error: 5
WARN: Unable to run program "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\PhotoshopPrefsManager.exe"

ps error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Anton, please utilize the steps listed at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-error-183.html to resolve Error 183.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed all of these and I am still getting the error on Windows 10.

Exit Code: 183
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

FATAL: Error (Code = 183) executing in command 'RunProgramCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop22-Core_x64', version:22.0.0.35
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop22-Core_x64 Version: 22.0.0.35). Error code: '183'
WARN: Unable to run program "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\PhotoshopPrefsManager.exe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that, CecilC. Which anti-virus software title did you temporarily disable?  What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using?  There is no membership assigned to the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also seeing the same error, Windows 10

Exit Code: 183

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew5FDC, I am very sorry, but this forum discussion thread is only relevant to individual members.  Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise members should post any errors they are encounter in the Enterprise & Teams forum at https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/bd-p/enterprise-and-teams.

The solutions discussed in this discussion are only applicable to individual users who have full control of the computer and network they are installing the software on.  They are not appropriate to organizations and the security management that may be in place.

Please start a new discussion in the Enterprise & Teams forum so that you can be helped further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same exact error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright I tried to follow the step in the link, but the folder that is causing the error, that the fix wants me to delete or rename doesn't exist.  The list of apps in the folder contains Photoshop 2021 but it only got to 75% this time, even after dabling my anti-virus (Cylance).

Install error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anton, if you are unable to locate the error yourself, then please download and run the CC Log Collector tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and then begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I have two subscriptions (two email accounts) one through my employer and one I personally own that i use for college.  I tried at work to update and am reluctant to uninstall as then I'll have problems and wont be able to use what i need. adobe needs to fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa5CF1, what error did you locate in the installation log?  

If you are unsure or don't want to look, then please follow the suggestions I made to Anton and upload the log files, with errors, and then begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I didn't save the error message.  It was similiar to what others have reported here. 

I had tried all the things listed. Turning off anti-virus etc.... nothing worked.  

I gave up.   

Then I tried the update about a week later and it magically worked.

You tell me what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines