Highlighted

Need help uninstally older versions of Adobe products (CC cleaner not working)

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the right place for a post like this.

I've been using Adobe for almost 5 years now and as a result, have some pretty old program versions from 2015. Decided to finally go in and uninstall them but I can't seem to delete them.

For example:

I have two versions of Animate CC 2015 that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, it tells me that the uninstall failed and that I should try using the cleaner tool.

adobehelp1.PNG

that's fine, I downloaded the CC cleaner tool and booted it up. The problem now, however, is that Adobe CC doesn't seem to recognize the old files anymore. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like when I select "all"

adobehelp2.PNGWhat's listed is all of the updated and up to date (for the most part) versions of each program I use, however, none of the old versions are present. Going back to Animate CC, the only option is "Animate and Mobile Device Packaging (20.0.1)" which is the most current version. The older 2015 versions are listed anywhere.

Is there something I'm missing or another way to delete these old versions?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need help uninstally older versions of Adobe products (CC cleaner not working)

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the right place for a post like this.

I've been using Adobe for almost 5 years now and as a result, have some pretty old program versions from 2015. Decided to finally go in and uninstall them but I can't seem to delete them.

For example:

I have two versions of Animate CC 2015 that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, it tells me that the uninstall failed and that I should try using the cleaner tool.

adobehelp1.PNG

that's fine, I downloaded the CC cleaner tool and booted it up. The problem now, however, is that Adobe CC doesn't seem to recognize the old files anymore. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like when I select "all"

adobehelp2.PNGWhat's listed is all of the updated and up to date (for the most part) versions of each program I use, however, none of the old versions are present. Going back to Animate CC, the only option is "Animate and Mobile Device Packaging (20.0.1)" which is the most current version. The older 2015 versions are listed anywhere.

Is there something I'm missing or another way to delete these old versions?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 13, 2020 0
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once the uninstaller is corrupted the only easy way to fix it is to reinstall the program to restore the uninstaller.  the problem with that is it's not easy to find installation files for older adobe programs.

bottom line:  don't try to remove them because you're likely to cause more problems than your going to solve. 

and, if you are tempted to manually delete files, rename or compress them before deleting so you can make sure your computer works normally for a few weeks before deleting and can easily restore the original files if needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 1