• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with Custom Meta Tags in Adobe Portfolio

New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolio recently added a Custom Meta Tag Feature - which is helpful for SEO, but can someone show me a sample of what the HTML code should look like?

The 'learn more' information is not specific enough. I see only one other question about this and no helpful answer.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 11.09.11 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Hi flaghand,

If you have to ask what code goes there, you don't need it.  For the most part, Portfolio takes care of all the basic SEO information for you.

That custom meta tag panel is for people who need to verify site ownership with Google or add some custom meta tags for Facebook or other social media purposes. 

As an example of site ownership verification.

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="custom_string_google_asks_for">

Post back if you have more questions.

For techn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see if you can find an answer here, Adobe Portfolio (READ ONLY)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already looked there and there is not a clear answer. I need to see an example of HTML code, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know the answer to your question and this forum is not a good place for your question.  unfortunately the portfolio forum, whcih would be a better place for your question, is read only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flaghand,

If you have to ask what code goes there, you don't need it.  For the most part, Portfolio takes care of all the basic SEO information for you.

That custom meta tag panel is for people who need to verify site ownership with Google or add some custom meta tags for Facebook or other social media purposes. 

As an example of site ownership verification.

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="custom_string_google_asks_for">

Post back if you have more questions.

For technical help or feature requests, reach out directly to the Portfolio team.

Contact Portfolio Team

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat, wished people would be more open to sharing information. However, I was a fool for expecting any different from an Adobe forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find examples of what the meta tags look like here:
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_meta.asp

note that only a few are recognised, but you can still include your name, and the content in there
(name, charset, property, item prop, content only)

Imaginerie_0-1709997162269.png

To be honest, I have no idea how useful it is. Maybe it's not indexed further than what Portfolio does by default. However, the feature exists, and I don't think it's detrimental. At the very least, we all learned something new 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines