Highlighted

need LOCKOUT function while sharing files

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello My colleague and I who are in different offices share files on the cloud. However sometimes (like 5mintues ago) we are in files at the same time and one of us loses what we did. Is there a way to block one user from opening or moving a file if another user is in it? 

Thanks!

Topics

Creative Cloud, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

need LOCKOUT function while sharing files

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello My colleague and I who are in different offices share files on the cloud. However sometimes (like 5mintues ago) we are in files at the same time and one of us loses what we did. Is there a way to block one user from opening or moving a file if another user is in it? 

Thanks!

Topics

Creative Cloud, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, only Dreamweaver has a file check-in/out feature for collaborative work environments.  It's like borrowing a book from the library.  A user may check-out website files from the remote web server.  While the files are checked out, nobody else can access them until they are checked-in again. This prevents collaborators from inadvertently working on the same files at the same time. 

Another option is to use a dedicated version control system like GIT.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines