Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need new media or download link for CS5.5 Design Premium Windows Educational

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I need to reinstall my CS5.5 Design Premium, but my installation media got damaged.

Where can I download the product or get new media for this version, that would work with my educational key?

I would be ready to buy the media if necessary, of course without re-paying for the licenses.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

No.  I don't work for Adobe. I'm not even a stock holder.  I'm just a long-time product user like you except that I upgrade my software more frequently because I can't afford not to 😉   

Modern Creative Cloud software is better than what you've been using for sure.  And a paid  subscription includes free upgrades to keep up with newer operating systems. 

The alternatives are open source and competing products from other software developers like these.

• PicMonkey (Web, free)
  • Canva (Web, free

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but it is not available from Adobe.

Perhaps a colleague might have an Educational Version disc that you might borrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

Thanks for your answer that contains a potentially useful suggestion.

Unfortunately, as I don't actually work in a designer's environment, there is no colleague who uses the same version as I am.

Except for one. But he owns only the Upgrade-DVD's. They require a CS 5.x - Design - package. But I don't know, if I have to have this installed before, or if the upgrade-DVDs would install with my correct CS 5.5 - license number.

May I ask you this question: Could I re-install CS5.5 Design Premium from this Upgrade-DVD's, having the correct licence number for my version, but not having actually installed the previous versions on my computer (I had to reset the computer completely).

Thanks! Urs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were never replacements for educational versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @blibloblu443893475,

CS5 is discontinued and hasn't been sold since 2017.  Sorry we can't help you replace it.  Even if you could replace your aging 32-bit apps, chances are they would not work as expected on a modern computer with the latest operating systems.

As an FYI, some of the apps included in CS5 no longer exist anymore as noted in red below.

• Adobe® Photoshop®
  • Adobe® Illustrator®
  • Adobe® InDesign®
  • Adobe® Acrobat® 9.3 Professional  Replace with Acrobat Pro DC
  • Adobe® Flash® Catalystâ„¢  Replace with Dreamweaver CC.
  • Adobe® Flash® Professional  Replace with Animate CC.
  • Adobe® Dreamweaver®
  • Adobe® Fireworks®  Replace with Photoshop CC or Illustrator CC.
  • Adobe® Bridge
  • Adobe® Device Central   No replacement.
  • Adobe® Media Encoder
  • Adobe® Extension Manager  Replaced with Adobe Add-ons page.
  • Integrates with Adobe® CS Live Online Services*

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, community, for the answers.

Maybe some other community member knows a way for me to recover my installation files?

And thanks in particular to @Nancy OShea 

However, I must disappoint you, as you might well imagine, the answer does not help. And I am disappointed, too. Let me explain why: I use your software very rarely, as I am not a design teacher, but I use it at some rare occasions to preparae presentations etc. So, this situation does not allow me to upgrade and re-spend money on it all the time. It is not like if I were earning money using it. The new features are certainly fine, but the "old" versions did the job for me until now, so I don't see the need to change.

Still hoping some comunity member can give me some hint... Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@blibloblu443893475,

Unless you have your original media (disks or downloads) that you received at purchase and a way to read it, nobody can help you.  Neither Adobe support staff nor fellow product users like us have access to educational / volume license downloads.  Sorry.

Legacy CS5 and CS5.5 were never guaranteed to work forever.  The average life expectancy of software is 3-5 years.  You got almost 11 for which you can be grateful. 

Going forward, you may purchase a Creative Cloud subscription for one month at a time and cancel anytime without penalty. Or you may purchase the more affordable annual plan which carries a 12 month commitment. Your choice.  And if you're still a teacher, you may qualify for the educational discount which is 60% off for the first year.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Creative Suite is not legally sold by any vendor, retailer or in any country. 
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Nancy

Are you really an Adobe Support Staff Member, writing to a customer, that he should be "grateful", if you can't help him? Were you instructed to use this approach towards customers?

Plus, you wrote that this particular piece of software was sold until 2017. This makes 3 or 4 years. I don't understand, why I should be "grateful" for "15 years".

Anyway, it is not a question of counting years. What I unserstood out of this "support" conversation is, that I might get happier with a decent alternative.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, Nancy is not an Adobe Support Staff member, none of us are. This is a community forum. We help sometimes, we share our opinions, which are sometimes that expectations seem to us unreasonable.

Support from Adobe lasts 5 years from initial release. CS5.5 was released in 2011, so support ran out in 2016. I mention this because Adobe, if you took the time to hang on the phone, would tell you so themselves. In any case, they never gave replacement media for student versions: part of the price you paid for having an enormous discount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well sorry I got this wrong: "Adobe Community Professional" sounded like somebody employed by Adobe to ensure support within this forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I don't work for Adobe. I'm not even a stock holder.  I'm just a long-time product user like you except that I upgrade my software more frequently because I can't afford not to 😉   

Modern Creative Cloud software is better than what you've been using for sure.  And a paid  subscription includes free upgrades to keep up with newer operating systems. 

The alternatives are open source and competing products from other software developers like these.

• PicMonkey (Web, free)
  • Canva (Web, free)
  • Pixlr Editor (Web, free)
  • GIMP (Free, OS X, Windows, Linux)
  • Acorn (OS X, $49.99)
  • Pixelmator (OS X, $29.99)
  • Paint.NET (Windows, free)

Whichever you decide, goodbye & best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy!

first of all, I want to apologize to you that I got that wrong, and thank you for your kind help! I really interpreted this the wrong way, I thought that this title dobe Community "Professional" meant "Professional" working for Adobe in this context .

So, yes, of course, among peers (as users) you have a full right to think that I should be grateful 🙂 I don't agree, and that's OK in a free world.

Me on the other hand, I can't afford to upgrade for a Software that I use onle now and then and that is not actually the base of my business. Or better, I don't want to re-pay, even though I sitll would qualify for an educational license. However, I am not a hard core user and it is well possible that less fancy software might do the job for me. If I wanted to stick to my Adobe CS, it is more because, changing habits (software) is an effort every time.

I used GIMP before I switched to Adobe for pictures. This was already a very powerfull tool at that times. I guess, they made some steps forward in the meantime. For the other design tools, I have not tried any alternative until now, I guess its time to wake up my curiosity and give it a try.

Anyway, it looks like there might be some possible solution for broken installation files, though, in case someone else looks out for it. Maybe I try this if open source should turn out to be too difficult for me...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/help-installing-design-premium-cs5-5/m-p/5788813#M38...

Thanks again, dear Nancy, best regards, Urs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I re-install CS5.5 Design Premium from this Upgrade-DVD's

By @blibloblu443893475

No. Educational licenses can not be upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines