Highlighted

Need some help with my new setup

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a new Mac setup for graphic design. IT would be great to have some advise because i don't want a overpowered setup that costed more than it should.

The programs that I use are Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Currently i'm using a early 2015 MacBook pro 13inch with 16GB RAM.

I was looking at a macmini with a 3,2 GHz 6 core i7 processor, 64GB RAM (installing it myself which saves 1000bucks) and 512GB or 1TB SSD. I already have two screens, keyboard and a mouse. Currently I'm not editing video's. If I want to start editing video I'm thinking of buying a eGPU.

What do you think of the setup? Got any suggestions or recommendations?

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need some help with my new setup

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a new Mac setup for graphic design. IT would be great to have some advise because i don't want a overpowered setup that costed more than it should.

The programs that I use are Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Currently i'm using a early 2015 MacBook pro 13inch with 16GB RAM.

I was looking at a macmini with a 3,2 GHz 6 core i7 processor, 64GB RAM (installing it myself which saves 1000bucks) and 512GB or 1TB SSD. I already have two screens, keyboard and a mouse. Currently I'm not editing video's. If I want to start editing video I'm thinking of buying a eGPU.

What do you think of the setup? Got any suggestions or recommendations?

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what problem(s) are you having with your current mac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always have lots of programs open. My current mac is getting slow with all that

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that macmini should be more than enough horsepower but i would recommend you opt for the 1tb ssd over the .5tb ssd unless you store your production files outside the ssd.

if you're not wedded to macs, you can get more hardware for your $ or equivalent hardware for less $ at https://www.pugetsystems.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines