• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to deactivate CS6 on computer which is damaged

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to activate my CS6 on new laptop but I cant deactivate it on old one as this is damaged. I tryed to contact Adobe helpdesk on https://helpx.adobe.com/ but I was pingponged between operators and finally received advice to write my request here. My serial nr is [Removed by moderator - Do not post serial numbers on this public forum or somebody might steal it.]

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to reinstall are you seeing an excess activation account message. If so contact will be support and request an activation count reesa ask for nothing else related to CS6 or little you'll be declined

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a humanwhen trying to activate on your are you seeing an excess activation count message. If so contact adobe support and ask for an activation account reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its some kind of joke? As I wrote, I spent hour on chatting with 4 helpdesk agent and they finally sent me to this forum. And you sent me back to discuss with those incompetent helpdesk agents? Really funny. Seems Adobe is really great company....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no joke. say anything related to unsupported products (eg, cs6) other than you'd like an activation count reset and you'll be sent back to the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And they're not supposed to send you here, but they get confused, the poor things.

As @kglad said, if you mention an unsupported product, they'll tell you to come here without listening to what you're actually asking about.

And as @Peru Bob said, what you have to do, as soon as you get a live CSR, is tell them you want an ACTIVATION RESET. That is the only support they are allowed to provide for CS4-CS6, but they are also the only ones who can provide it.

If they try to send you here again, tell them you want a Supervisor who (a) should know enough to fix it without arguing and (b) you can report that the CSR needs extra training because they are not supposed to send customers to the forums when it's an account, activation, or billing issue. 

Good luck. Sorry it's so frustrating; believe me, we get frustrated about this, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As  kglad  said, go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=STAM_downloading-installing-setting-up_serial-numbers-rede...Chat and Agent Larger.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines