Highlighted

Need to Reinstall Pro CS6 - But Can't?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I upgraded my PC, and obviously with a new C drive I have to reinstall my CS6. I still have all the files in my other drive, but dragging the files over won't work, and it needs a reinstall. Obviously CS6 is no longer available easily on Adobe's site, but what I need help with is how to get a hold of either CS6 install, or how to get Premiere Pro back again. I do NOT want to pay for CC when I already purchased CS6 before. I have been trying to figure out how to do this but Adobe must not like it when there are customers who haven't updated and given them money since they offer very limited coherent support for previous CS users to reinstall their software. I have the license keys but no option to download it. Any help would be appreciated. I suspect I may have to get CC, but there are no options to enter a product key to get it for free as far as I can see? As I said, I will not be paying for a product I already paid for.

Topics

Activation, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need to Reinstall Pro CS6 - But Can't?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I upgraded my PC, and obviously with a new C drive I have to reinstall my CS6. I still have all the files in my other drive, but dragging the files over won't work, and it needs a reinstall. Obviously CS6 is no longer available easily on Adobe's site, but what I need help with is how to get a hold of either CS6 install, or how to get Premiere Pro back again. I do NOT want to pay for CC when I already purchased CS6 before. I have been trying to figure out how to do this but Adobe must not like it when there are customers who haven't updated and given them money since they offer very limited coherent support for previous CS users to reinstall their software. I have the license keys but no option to download it. Any help would be appreciated. I suspect I may have to get CC, but there are no options to enter a product key to get it for free as far as I can see? As I said, I will not be paying for a product I already paid for.

Topics

Activation, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use your original disks or download. If you didn't keep them, it may be lost forever but check your Adobe account; for registered users there may be a download link. Otherwise, contact Customer Service, as there are NO public links any more. Tip: if you do manage to get an installer, keep it safe. And that means NOT just on your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC, by the way, is a subscription product, about $50/month for all apps. At one time, CS6 would have got you a year's discount, but that time passed many years ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening, LewisTiburon.
The same as Test_Screen_Name in that you may have a link to your account if you use the original disc or register the product with an Adobe account, but customer support no longer provides support other than deauthorization, You cannot inquire about downloads.
CS6 is a very old product and is no longer supported.

Adobe software support guidelines

TkfY(ACP),JAPAN

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is no longer supported.  Customer care agents cannot help you except for an activation count reset.  Beyond that, you're on your own.  

The best I can offer is this link.  Be sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS or it won't work.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

NOTE.  We can't help you with student/teacher or volume licensed editions.  Nor can we help you with software purchased from other vendors. 

Good Luck!

========================

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines