• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New CC Desktop installer installs both 64- and 32-bit versions - Why ?

Advisor ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As mentioned above, both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Creative Cloud.exe are installed. Moreover, the 32-bit version is merely a launcher for the 64-bit version. Why again clutter my system disk with useless modules ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe because those "useless modules" aren't so useless for everyone???

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For old plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samoreen, as Nancy_OShea and Test_Screen_name have indicated, the 32-bit components are still used for several older Adobe applications.  The newest release of the Creative Cloud desktop app is designed to work with current and older Adobe applications.

If you are looking to save disk space, then I would recommend focusing on any documents, images, videos, or music files that can easily be moved to another drive/partition.  I would not advise manually removing the 32-bit components as you may face additional unexpected errors/behavior when using the CC membership on your current computer.

For more information on the improvements that have been implemented to the Creative Cloud desktop app, see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your remarks.

However, as I mentioned above, the 32-bit version of Creative Cloud.exe is just doing one thing : it launches the 64-bit version and then immediately exits. Also, I don't see what plugins (which plugins for which app ?) have to do with the Creative Desktop app.

So, the only reason I can see for the existence of this 32-bit tiny program is when the user of an old 32-bit app uses the "Check for updates" menu, which generally results in launching the CC Desktop app since the old Application Manager no longer exists. But the installer should be able to detect that no 32-bit Adobe app is installed on the system and therefore avoid to install unnecessary code.

If absolutely needed, creating a hard link should be enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i totally agree, especially as it is specifically the 32bit adobe creative cloud that causes me to get security alerts, ALL the time. why is this even here? is it being exploited by a hacker? all my anti virus etc shows nothing...

adobe security certificate not signed? what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines