• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new computer

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to replace my iMAC with a new iMAC. The Apple shop says they can transfer everything with no problem of passwords,etc. Adobe's English language page says i must disactivate/activate. I have Creative Cloud, Lightroom, Photoshop subscriptions. According to Apple, these will function perfectly thanks to the transfer. Is that correct. Otherwise, how to I proceed?

Philologue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Tell everyone you know who owns a Mac, including Apple employees... Mac Migration and Time Machine DO NOT WORK properly with Adobe program activations due to hidden registration files that are not included when Migration or Time Machine make their copies

You must sign OUT of your cloud account on your old computer and do a fresh install on your new computer

Cloud Manager to install all programs https://www.adobe.com/ie/creativecloud/desktop-app.html
https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-activate-your-adobe-software/td-p/9636861?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell everyone you know who owns a Mac, including Apple employees... Mac Migration and Time Machine DO NOT WORK properly with Adobe program activations due to hidden registration files that are not included when Migration or Time Machine make their copies

You must sign OUT of your cloud account on your old computer and do a fresh install on your new computer

Cloud Manager to install all programs https://www.adobe.com/ie/creativecloud/desktop-app.html
https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-activate-your-adobe-software/td-p/9636861?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who would you believe about Adobe products: Adobe or Apple? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you need to Sign out from Adobe Creative Cloud app and Sign in on new Mac and install all the CC app as Fresh installations,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greatly appreciated! Otherewise I woulld simply have taken the old iMAC to the shop to make the transfer. Please put your recommendations in the Adobe help page together with what documentation is needed for the new download. The help page gives me no serial number for the present Photoshop. Is the data on the invoice sufficient or simply my user name and pw?

Philologue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud, the subscription, has no serial number. You just sign in, and the app checks whether you have a subscription; if it finds you are already activated on two computers, it offers to sign you out immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines