Highlighted

New Creative Cloud App opens to white screen

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 and I installed Creative Cloud (the installation froze on me twice during installation by the way, seems to be a popular issue). On the 3rd try, it installed successfully. I opened it, then logged in. It appeared to be loading then it just went white. Now it is stuck on a white screen every time I open it. If I didn't think to download the Photoshop installation package online then I wouldn't have been able to install Photoshop.

I found this issue on the Adobe community and tried the whole process where I renamed the file "opm.db" to "opm_old.db" which seemed to work momentarily but then it went right back to a white screen after about 2 seconds. There are now two files in the same folder "opm.db" & "opm_old.db". 

Is there another way of fixing this issue?

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Creative Cloud App opens to white screen

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 and I installed Creative Cloud (the installation froze on me twice during installation by the way, seems to be a popular issue). On the 3rd try, it installed successfully. I opened it, then logged in. It appeared to be loading then it just went white. Now it is stuck on a white screen every time I open it. If I didn't think to download the Photoshop installation package online then I wouldn't have been able to install Photoshop.

I found this issue on the Adobe community and tried the whole process where I renamed the file "opm.db" to "opm_old.db" which seemed to work momentarily but then it went right back to a white screen after about 2 seconds. There are now two files in the same folder "opm.db" & "opm_old.db". 

Is there another way of fixing this issue?

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Titanppc, if you are continually having to rename the OPM.db file, then I would recommend reviewing the settings for any installed security or utility software that is installed on the computer.  Something is regularly causing damage to the file and causing you to rename it.  Any software title that can affect files on the computer is suspect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply Jeff! I don't have any 3rd party security software that would be causing this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that, Titanpc. There is something installed that is periodically causing damage or removing files on the computer.  Please remove any applications that you are not familiar with from the computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0