Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Laptop - Not enough space to install Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there

I am (obviously) not very clued up with computers so need a little help, be kind haha! 

I just got a new Dell Inspiron 173000 laptop and when I was looking into buying a laptop I had thought I'd got one with enough memory etc to be able to run something like Adobe inDesign but now I've come to trying to download it and I'm seeing I don't have enough memory. 

Does anyone know if I'm able to buy external storage for this kind of laptop that would enable me to use adobe creative cloud?  

Thanks for any help/pointers you can give!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

You have TWO drives... 128Gig SSD for Windows and programs, 1 Terrabyte drive for everything else... I only use about 82Gig for Win10 and all programs... so if your 128Gig drive is full you need to move a LOT of data files to your 2nd drive

Or... Install on non-boot drive https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/moving-ps-and-lr-classic-from-internal-hd-to-an-external-hd/td-p/10945231

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Memory and drive capacity are not the same thing... what size is the hard drive or SSD in your laptop?

According to the Dell web site, the smallest drive for that model is a 512Gigabyte SSD

It also comes with 8Gigabytes of memory, which is the bare minimum to run Cloud programs

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/laptops/inspiron-17-3793-laptop/spd/inspiron-17-3793-laptop

I only have a 256Gig drive in my computer, and it is MORE than enough for Windows 10 and all programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply. 

Ah, ok, so the laptop details are as below - so it's only 128GB SSD?  I had looked at the 1TB HDD and thought that was good.  You can see how little I know.  Is there an easy way to update?  My laptop is only a few weeks old so I wonder if I should try and exchange it?!

• Windows 10
  • Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX230 2 GB
  • Full HD screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have TWO drives... 128Gig SSD for Windows and programs, 1 Terrabyte drive for everything else... I only use about 82Gig for Win10 and all programs... so if your 128Gig drive is full you need to move a LOT of data files to your 2nd drive

Or... Install on non-boot drive https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/moving-ps-and-lr-classic-from-internal-hd-to-an-external-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you again - I think I've managed to do it!  I did have the space but it was installing into the smaller drive and not the one that was empty. 

Thanks again, and for not making me feel stupid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines