• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik/Topaz/onOne won't install on CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I installed CC 2015.  The installation went fine except that, a) none of my additional editing software (Nik, onOne, Topaz, etc.) is linked to CC 2015, b) my PS CC 2014 app was removed, and c) none of the installation scripts for Nik, Topaz, DxO FilmPak or onOne Perfect Photo 8.5 recognize CC 2015.  In other words, I have zero access to the tools I need to create.

I've contacted the vendors individually, and expect updated install scripts for currently available software.  But I have no intention of upgrading some things, like Perfect Photo 8.5 which is now in version 9, and I suspect that they will not be issuing install scripts for old software to recognize CC 2015.  This is a HUGE problem and I expect Adobe to figure out how to fix it.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Yes, Adobe mentioned earlier that third plugins might not work with CC 2015  .

You may reinstall Photoshop CC 2014 again .

I guess you had referred below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-2015-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Pc, but helpfully they are accessable from both....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same with me. Only access over selctiv tool from nik. all other plugins working well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to contact someone at Nik/Google about this?  I can't seem to find a way to contact anyone to ask if there is a way to solve this problem.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the software on two computers and they both have the same problem - it is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is Adobe's.  They didn't get the software honed to avoid all these issues with NIK/Google/Topaz.  Pretty infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after deactivating "generator" in preferences and restart PS, Nik starts now via filter menu, BUT topaz plug in not. before I had no problems with topaz. After reactivating generator I got an alert "problems with generator uninstall all third party modules..." Nik is still running but topaz not. I really don't understand this,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nik and On One work with 2015 but Topaz is not working no  matter what I do.  Tried moving the plug-ins - NADA.  Tried reinstalling 2015 and reinstalling Topaz - NADA>  I hope Adobe gets it's act together and finds a solution!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall all the Topaz plugins from scratch but that did the trick for me.

onOne Perfect Suite 8.5 actually worked simply by copying the plugins, but what doesn't work is the sidebar tool for invoking them.  I never used the Edit > Automate function with them before, but they're there in 2015.  onOne support was aces with me working through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the reinstall.,  Didn't work.  NO answer from Topaz yet either even though they supposedly are very interested in customer support....HA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nik Collection can be installed for Photoshop CC 2015 from the trial download. The only caveat is that in order to get Photoshop CC 2015 to show up in the list of apps during the install of the Nik Collection you have to open Photoshop at least once.

After first installing the Photoshop update and trying to install the Nik Collection, Photoshop CC 2015 did not show up in the list of apps where the plugins were going to be installed. After opening Photoshop CC 2015 and closing it, then running the Nik Collection installer again, Photoshop CC 2015 showed up in the list and the plugins installed as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if the Topaz collection would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling the Topaz s/w worked for me.  PITA since there's a bunch of them, but it's what works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some tests today with a new user. (OSX Yosemithe, PS 2015) I can see the topaz-pugins in the filter menu, but I'm not able to launch them. Nothing happens. With a new user topaz launches, so with trail an error I found out, if I delete the "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Prefs.psp" topaz woks. But if I change some preferences, after a relaunch of PS topaz does not work like before. Funny thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just copy/paste the contents of plug-in folder [mac] from PsCC2014 to PsCC2015 ,

NIK software,Topaz Labs,Imagenomics Portraiture and DxO`s VP & FP works seamlessly 

i wish a  Creative month to all!!

P.S Also Alien`s BlowUp3 through "Automate" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to get nearly all my plugins running, but CC2015 still drives me nuts. Nik for example works sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't

I can use sharpener for example, but not everytime the settings will be applied, sometimes I have to do it again over filter->last filter (crtl-f)

But more disturbing are the crashes. I never had crashes using CC2014, but 2015? Nearly every day. Tried several things, ended in using CC2014 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have so much hate for Adobe right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good news since deleting my Bridge preferences, cash and the Bridge CC program and then reinstalling bridge and recreating our preferences all of our problems with Bridge and Photoshop CC plug-in filters have disappeared and everything is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines