• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No compatable desktop apps

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a subscription for Adobe Pro.  I tried to install it but get error message saying that "there was a problem installing Acrobat DC. Acrobat DC is not yet available for your device (Errro Code 405). To check if there is a beta version of Acrobat DC install Creative Cloud for desktop."

I have done 2 things without success.

1.  Looked for error code 405 and it is not on the list.

2. Clicked on the "Install Creative Cloud" button only to receive a message "No compatable desktop apps - You are using the prerelease version of Creative Cloud for devices with an ARM processor, like the device you're using now. We don't have any desktop apps available for your device".

SO I GUESS MY QUESTION IS.....WHAT AM I PAYING FOR??????

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have a PC with an ARM processor, which is a very rare and unusual thing, a lot of apps won't work on it. Here is Microsoft's page showing some of the limitations. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/surface-pro-arm-app-performance

Since your PC is so unusual, you will need to check every app carefully before buying.

With luck, you can cancel your subscription. DO NOT WAIT, there may be a time limit. Contact Adobe, and look out for scammers contacting you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum system is not a direct link to Adobe support.
We are just users like you and can't help with account questions.
You need to contact Adobe directly through the Chat system at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Select the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
Type in AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI System.

Best of Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your response, but too late to not be ripped off! Unfortunately by Adobe themselves! I purchased a monthly subscription, so paid for the month in advance, and obviously when I found out I couldn!t use the program I cancelled my subscription only to be slugged with almost $80 cancellation fee!!!!!! Even though I have a perfectly valid reason! Credit to Adobe though, they have very kindly advised me I can CONTINUE to use their program (yes, the very one that I can't use) until the end of the month that I have paid for!

I will be advising everyone I can not to use Adobe, and contacting consumer affairs to loge a complaint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>>I purchased a monthly subscription, so paid for the month in advance, and obviously when I found out I couldn!t use the program I cancelled my subscription only to be slugged with almost $80 cancellation fee

You purchased a monthly or annual subscription (paid monthly)?

With monthly subscriptions, there is no cancellation fee.

With annual subscriptions, you can cancel within 14 days and get a full refund. Or did you cancel more than 14 days after you subscribed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines