• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No navigation for about page adobe portfolio

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new page - cover right - for my about me page however when i create it there is no navigation on the top of the page.

I have navigtion turned on for site wide. It works for all other pages.

I tried deleting the page and creating a new one and this did not work.

It seems as though any page created that is - cover right - or cover left - won't let me have a navigation about  of it. when i create a - center page - the navigation works. 

Am I doing something wrong or forgeting something or did adobe mess up?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Gallery pages have navigation.  Splash pages do not.  They have a button instead.   Splash pages are for making a 1 page website.   Read more about them below.

Types of Portfolio Pages Explained

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035998273-Page-types-explained

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gallery pages have navigation.  Splash pages do not.  They have a button instead.   Splash pages are for making a 1 page website.   Read more about them below.

Types of Portfolio Pages Explained

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035998273-Page-types-explained

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with with a collection page that is not appearing in my navigation bar. I have attached a screenshot. Could you please help me? I've tried restarting myportfolio.com, duplicating the page, and changing the navigation width and alignment settings but it is still not showing up on both desktop and mobile.

Thank you.

Annotation 2020-10-27 224543.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@raul.hijazi 

Please post the URL to your newly published Portfolio.

Also, which layout theme are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure this is the same problem as yours, but I solved my problem editing Navigation settings, make sure to turn on to show "Page Titles" and "Collection Titles" my "Contact" page was not showing because my "Page Titles" were turn off, have no idea the reason. I hope this helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not the same.  Intro/Welcome pages have no navigation.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036042673-Adding-a-Welcome-page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ethan, I am having the same issue.  Did you find a solution in the end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a Splash page instead of a Gallery page?  As stated above, Splash pages don't have navigation.  They are for creating a 1 page website.  However Gallery pages have navigation if you turn it on in your site settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and its not a splash page. When I switch my layout to another theme(Thats not a splash page) the navigation is gone on the home page. Hide navigation is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it to work now. I just refreshed the page. All navigation comes up now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue, wanting to create a About page, wanting to have the 'cover left' with the navigation bar on the top. I want to just add a page in to the website im working on. Is there way i can have the 'cover left' page with naviagation on top?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No because Splash pages don't have navigation.  They are commonly used for a single page website where a navigation bar is not needed.   See link below for details on Splash Pages and what they are used for.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036042673-Adding-a-Splash-Page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know if it's a splash page, and why is it possible to have a spash page as part of an otherwise multi-page site if it is meant to be only a one-page site (if it can't link to other pages, why would we include it on a multi-page site-- clearly people do it unintentionally ^ ). 

Is there a way to convert a splash page into a regular page?  Why do they have to be saparate types of layouts?  Why can we not just choose whether or not we want navigation on the page-- can't any page just be a splash page if we turn off navigation and don't make any other pages--- what is the purpose of creating the splash page limitations when all you need to do to make one is just include no additional pages?

Assuming my problem page is somehow a splash page, how can I change it without redoing everything?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to convert a splash page into a regular page? 

==========

@Nora_Nora,

No.  Simply delete the Welcome page (aka splash page) and start over.  But before you do, read the FAQ & Knowledgebase about Page Types below. 

Welcome pages are good for an intro or special event annoucement.  You may add a Button Module with external links to your other sites if desired (see screenshot). 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036484193-Button-module

image.png

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines