No navigation for about page adobe portfolio

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new page - cover right - for my about me page however when i create it there is no navigation on the top of the page.

I have navigtion turned on for site wide. It works for all other pages.

I tried deleting the page and creating a new one and this did not work.

It seems as though any page created that is - cover right - or cover left - won't let me have a navigation about  of it. when i create a - center page - the navigation works. 

Am I doing something wrong or forgeting something or did adobe mess up?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 02, 2019
Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional , Oct 02, 2019
Gallery pages have navigation.  Splash pages do not.  They have a button instead.   Splash pages are for making a 1 page website.   Read more about them below.   Types of Portfolio Pages Explained https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035998273-Page-types-explained  

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gallery pages have navigation.  Splash pages do not.  They have a button instead.   Splash pages are for making a 1 page website.   Read more about them below.

Types of Portfolio Pages Explained

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035998273-Page-types-explained

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with with a collection page that is not appearing in my navigation bar. I have attached a screenshot. Could you please help me? I've tried restarting myportfolio.com, duplicating the page, and changing the navigation width and alignment settings but it is still not showing up on both desktop and mobile.

Thank you.

Annotation 2020-10-27 224543.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@raul.hijazi 

Please post the URL to your newly published Portfolio.

Also, which layout theme are you using?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ethan, I am having the same issue.  Did you find a solution in the end?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a Splash page instead of a Gallery page?  As stated above, Splash pages don't have navigation.  They are for creating a 1 page website.  However Gallery pages have navigation if you turn it on in your site settings.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and its not a splash page. When I switch my layout to another theme(Thats not a splash page) the navigation is gone on the home page. Hide navigation is not checked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it to work now. I just refreshed the page. All navigation comes up now.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue, wanting to create a About page, wanting to have the 'cover left' with the navigation bar on the top. I want to just add a page in to the website im working on. Is there way i can have the 'cover left' page with naviagation on top?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No because Splash pages don't have navigation.  They are commonly used for a single page website where a navigation bar is not needed.   See link below for details on Splash Pages and what they are used for.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036042673-Adding-a-Splash-Page

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines