Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-Genuine pop-up window

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

I feel tricked by Adobe and may need some help and advice. In my humble opinion, Adobe is trying to increase their sales by applying their weird non-genuine software policy. Reading through several posts, some other users have experienced similar situations, here is mine:

Around 5 or 6 years ago I bought the CS6 Mastersuite from a seller Ebay (if I remember well). Before the purchase, I checked the license key with Adobe and was confirmed that the key is valid. Hence, I purchased the software and it worked just fine. I had a couple of issues along the way, and Adobe's Tech Support helped me out and never had issues with my key validation. In 2018, I got for the first time a pop-up window on my screen saying that my software was not genuine and I have to purchase  another version. I contacted Customer Service and an Adobe Representative confirmed in writing, that my key instead is valid and good to use. After that, I had peace till a couple of weeks ago (midst of September 2020) when the pop-upo window about Non-Genuine software showed up again on my screen. After getting in touch with their Customer Service department (located mostly in India), they told me that they have now an analyitcal tool that can detect non-genuine software, and I would have to purchase another version (full-price or monthly plans) in order to keep working with my Mastersuite. Having written confirmation that my software is genuine and good to use, I find that this is just another trick and a pretty shady business practice to get their sales numbers up of new software, and I do not agree with this strategy. After answering their first email, which I received after more than a week from when I started my complaint, I replied again within a couple of days and I received an automated email that my case was already closed - whatttt!!!??? They take all the time they want to answer to my communications and don't give me a couple of days to reply??? This is a highly frustrating situation and I wonder if anyone else in this forum has experienced same or something similar. This should not be accepted and handled slightly. Adobe is a publically traded company and if they don't get their ducks in a row and fix these issues with a better customer-friendly attitude, I won't wonder if somebody may start a class-action lawsuite against these unfair market practices. Anyone who could put his/her 2 cents to this?

Many thanks!

KS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bought a Corporate, Enterprise, license that has since been retired. That type of license was for Corporations and not for individuals.

You bought it on the Cheap from someone on eBay. What did you expect. At the time you checked the license whatever corporation it was originally sold to was still using that version and the license was still valid. It no longer is
If you had bought an individual license directly from Adobe you could still be using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not bought a corporate/enterprise license, it was sold as an individual license. And furthermore, am I suposed to be the Adobe expert and know how to determine if a product key is allocated to certain segments? It doesn't make much sense if you say it has been valid once and is no longer valid. For an end-user like me, a license is valid or it is not valid. And there was nothing mentioned about an expiration date. I checked its validity upfront with Adobe and there was nothing wrong with the key I provided and was good to go (as a single user). If terms and conditions change from one year to another, I am surely helpless as a little pee-on. But if someone at Adobe at the very beginning had told me, "hey, don't buy this, because it is a corporate license (or whatever)", I would have saved my money and/or opted for a different version. And no, it was not cheap, I may have paid slightly less than from other big retailers. And when you are on a budget, it is pretty normal that you are going for the best and most affordable option without going through the dark side, don't you? I still believe that I am treaded unfairly. Thanks for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe received nothing from you.  An illegal sale is an illegal sale.  Chalk it up to experience and move on.  If you really want to rant, take it to eBay & the seller who received your money. 

Goodbye & good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sold to you by Who? Someone on eBay? Contact the original seller and or eBay.

Adobe did not sell you anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines