Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-genuine software pop-up

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hoping for some help, without having to spend hours on the phone....

I have Lightroom 6 and PSE 12 installed on my Windows 10 PC.  Both were purchased as downloads direct from the Adobe Store online and I still have the original emails with the product serial numbers.  I had the LR trial before I purchased the product.  I've just started to get the persistent "your software is not genuine" pop-when using LR.  Following the "more info" prompt takes me to an FAQ page, which says it has information about the status of my product(s) at the bottom - but there is nothing shown at the bottom of the page except a customer service number and an ID number.

Logging into the Creative Cloud account app on the PC only shows a registration for LR6.  I bought PSE12 in 2013 and have changed computers and emails (and thus Adobe IDs) since then.  This means presumably I have two Adobe IDs?  I cannot access the old email which relates to the ID on which I purchased the copy of PSE12.

1. Is my first step to combine the two IDs into one and could this be why the alert is being generated?  How do I do this?

2. How do I convince the software generating the alert that my copies are genuine?

3. I still have the PSE12 download but can't see the LR6 one on my PC anywhere - could this be a factor?

Grateful for any help!

Heather

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

you're welcome.

p.s. here's some info, Adobe Genuine software FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heatherc61606162  wrote

Hi

Hoping for some help, without having to spend hours on the phone....

This user-to-user forum doesn't have access to your account(s).  You must reach out to  Adobe Customer Care.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  So I'm probably doomed to spend hours going round and round in circles on Chat or spend ages on hold on the phone (judging by the experience of others) despite that fact that all my software is totally legit and bought from the Adobe Store  

Thanks for the replies anyway.  I was hoping someone from Adobe staff might respond - probably pushing my luck at the weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s. here's some info, Adobe Genuine software FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and i can't get any help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you register your Creative Suite serial numbers?

Please log-in to your account below to confirm.
https://account.adobe.com/products

If you still need help, scroll down to Support on the same page and click on Contact Adobe.

================
NOTE: The pandemic is effecting all sectors. There are fewer available support agents and wait times may be longer than normal.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines