• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not enough space available on disk untitled

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time when I trie to install any application from creative cloud I do get an error "Not enough space available on disk untitles (-30)". There is no drive called untitled and there is enought space available (50GB).

It happens on both my Mac Mini and Mac Book Pro. The only similarity I can find is that they both have a custom Kingston 60GB SSD.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem, I've already tried to change the install location to an HDD.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

You're right, it's not a download issue.

It's a lack of space in /tmp (or /private/tmp). This is a dumb place to stash huge download files, but moving on.. it's an easy fix.

If you're set up with a SSD a popular "longetivity" tip is to put tmp in RAM or elsewhere to save some wear and tear.

In term type "df -kh", if you see /private/tmp anywhere under "Mounted on" and the "Avail" isn't large (several gigs I'm assuming), there's your problem.

The more popular of the ramdisk tips (can't find the link

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here,

Not enough diskspace available on untitled (-30).

I have an Vertex 4 - 512 SSD with 150Gb Free..

Issue on both my mini and my macbook pro.

The strange thing is, I don't have a disk named untitled.

Both systems run mountain lion,

Both have an SSD.

Both systems have 16Gb of memmory.

Both systems do not have the OSX recovery partition.

Both systems have only 1 disk and both have enough diskspace.

Both systems have trimm enabler running.

Installation of bridge, dreamweaver and other small applications, i can install, but as soon as i try to install

AI, PS, or any other large application I cannot download. It aborts before the download starts!.

Both systems give the same error.

This error occurred on the CS6 online installer and on the new CC installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, OWC SSD as my boot. Over 80GB free. No recovery. Rotational HDDs in other drive slots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as me.. no recovery partition.

Its not the recovery partition.
I have recovered the recover partition. But does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logs:

06/19/13 15:44:22:440 | [ERROR] | [someID?] |  |  |  |  |  | 35318 | startDownload: Failed to start the download. The DLE status is -1

I think servers are just overloaded. Which is great when all your products now have 'Cloud' in the name. Ahem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shugey3  .. Its not the download server!

I have this problem now for 6 weeks.
I have spend more than 2 hours on the phone today alone with second line support of Adobe to figure out this problem.

They have recordered, and recogniced this issue.

For people who think they have the same issue . My case nr @ Adobe is ; 0184289129

The strange thing is I can download dreamweaver.

It looks like when a download is larger than my SSD cache, the download will not initiate and fail with error -30 without initializing the download at all..

I don't have a disk Untitled, there is something strange going on.

This case is already escalated @ Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, it's not a download issue.

It's a lack of space in /tmp (or /private/tmp). This is a dumb place to stash huge download files, but moving on.. it's an easy fix.

If you're set up with a SSD a popular "longetivity" tip is to put tmp in RAM or elsewhere to save some wear and tear.

In term type "df -kh", if you see /private/tmp anywhere under "Mounted on" and the "Avail" isn't large (several gigs I'm assuming), there's your problem.

The more popular of the ramdisk tips (can't find the link right now) is to place a startup item to do this work and name it "RamFS" or /System/Library/StartupItems/RamFS. Move it out of the way or chmod 000 it temporarily, reboot, and then install. You can replace the StartupItem afterward (then reboot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Shughey,

Thnx..!!

That did the trick..

I opened the location you mentioned, moved ramFS to somewhere else. After reboot, installation runs.!

Thanks.. Ill submit it at adobe aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines