• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notification Badge for CC?

Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting apparently random notification badges (the red dot over the CC icon on the Menu Bar) but when I click on the CC icon, there are no new notifications or updates shown. I can't find any rhyme or reason when this happens but I'm concerned I might be missing important information or updates in case there has been something come down the pike but it's not making it into my CC centre. I did sign out and sign back in again to see if it would stop but there hasn't been any change that I can tell. Would anyone know why I might be getting this, or is this a new normal behaviour since the last update? Thanks.

Glenn

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro
TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot of what ypou are seeing would help figure out what is going on.

I myself don't allow the CC DTA to start with the system so I never see that icon in the notification section or any DOTs on or around it.

Could be it is just telling you There HAS Been a update, to something, and it has been Auto Applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for your reply. I leave my machine running pretty much 24/7 so CC is always running. The badge will flash briefly if I am just starting up, but it will randomly come on occasionally. I thought it might be I had too much in my libraries so I reduced the libraries by a fair bit and I'm seeing less of it now, but it still does show up from time to time. Please see below for a graphic of what I'm referring to (be gentle - I'm in the process of learning Illustrator so I made this from scratch - not to worry Adobe, it's not going anywhere but here and will be deleted out of my files 🙂 ). 

AdobeLogo_v1.jpgNormally you don't have the red "dot" there. It's not a huge deal unless it's telling me something I should know but that information is not getting through for some reason. Anyway, thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having this happen now on my Mac for the last few days and it's really annoying.  If I click on the Creative Cloud app, the badge goes away for a while, but then it returns the next day.  Everything is up to date and I have all notifications except app updates disabled.  Logged out, logged in, quit and restarted app, rebooted computer... it's just relentless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I got it again today. I've read in another forum where people there are seeing it as well. If you have a lot of libraries in the cloud (which I think they all are), try cleaning that out and see if it helps, but I did that and while I don't see it as often, I still get it. No solutions here I'm afraid. It's an "Adobe thing" I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...AND, again today. Adobe, you need to read a classic book about the boy who cried wolf! There's a lesson to be learned there guys 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so now I'm seriously confused. Today I again was showing the red notification badge AND I had a pop up saying that 3 apps had updates to be applied. I then got a pop up that said Creative Cloud had been updated. However, when I opened the CC app, no updates were showing as being ready to be installed. I ran the check for updates manually and it came up empty. The only thing showing was that Photoshop was updated 22 days ago. Is this just another false notification or are there actually updates being released today? I'd very much like to hear from an Adobe Rep on this as to what is going on. The red badge is one thing but getting pop ups that tell me apps are ready to be updated, then finding nothing available is quite another. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the options check, turned On, to Alwasy keep CC up to date and in the Apps tab Auto-Update then You have No control of when any of these programs get updated or even Upgraded.

Also you do not need the CC DTA starting with your system or running all the time to use any of the other Adobe programs.

2020-04-10 21_18_59-Creative Cloud Desktop.png2020-04-10 21_20_54-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Turn all that off and you will never see that red dot again. Then every week or 2 oprn the CC DTA to see if there are any updates or upgrades. Then Close it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did see those options and I am considering that. I do prefer to keep it running as I like to get the updates ASAP, but I may rethink that. However, if I do select to not log in, are my apps still going to run? If I sign out using that app, then it tells me that nothing will work. Is this not the same thing? Thanks very much for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not talking about Signing Out.

I am talking about CLOSING, and Stopping, the CC DTA from starting with your system.

Two Completely different things.

To clos an already running CC DTA use Ctrl + w on Windows or Command + q on Mac then click the Quit button.

You Do NOT Sign Out.

2019-10-29 08_48_01-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, ok. Gotcha. For some reason I didn't think you could do that. Appreciate you clearing that up for me.

Many thanks again for your help 🙂 .

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's bad programming and design. The badge is generally an essential feature in MacOS. But Adobe has managed to make it an unresolved nuisance, by default. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the info in the "Correct Answer" and while it removes the red dot, it doesn't solve the problem.  The red dot is a communication to the end user that their attention is needed/required.  A user should not have to turn off Auto Update or Keep Cloud Up to Date to stop the red dot from unnnecssarily notifying them.  A user shouldn't have to mute their phone to stop it from randomly and unnecessarily ringning, especially if that ringing is mixed in with real communications from someone they want to hear from.

I second the original poster's request and would "very much like to hear from an Adobe Rep on this" and see this get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an otherwise unnecessary hack to a terrible but potentially useful interface feature that needs to be addressed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it is Not a Hack. A Hack is when you somehow make changes that are not available in the User Interface settings for a program.

You HACK the user inteface to add something that is not normally available or omit something that is  normally available.

The settings I point to are included in the User Preferences for the CC DTA. So Not a Hack.

It is just turning on or off normally available settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hack" in the loose sense, since the badge sytem itself is hackie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a hack in that you shouldn't need to do it. The feature should work correctly. If a feature X doesn't work, the correct answer isn't "stop using feature X." The correct answer is for the vendor to fix feature X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines