Highlighted

NVIDIA GPU no longer supported ?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I have a Dell M6600 mobile workstation with an NVIDIA Quadro 4000M. I'm running Adobe CC on (recently installed) Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). I updated the drivers via NVIDIA website after. Looked successful. 

Premiere Pro 2020 errors on startup and an v14.0.1 only works if I disable GPU acceleration.

Photoshop won't allow Liquify unless I disable GPU. Even loading images in the Windows image viewer seems to take forever.

I've heard that NVIDIA no longer supports some of these cards but the driver update was fine. Looks more like Adobe CC does not support my Quadro 4000M.

Any suggestion on what NVIDIA card to upgrade to ? Preferably, something that they won't drop next year.

Thanks

Scott Murrish

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

NVIDIA GPU no longer supported ?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I have a Dell M6600 mobile workstation with an NVIDIA Quadro 4000M. I'm running Adobe CC on (recently installed) Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). I updated the drivers via NVIDIA website after. Looked successful. 

Premiere Pro 2020 errors on startup and an v14.0.1 only works if I disable GPU acceleration.

Photoshop won't allow Liquify unless I disable GPU. Even loading images in the Windows image viewer seems to take forever.

I've heard that NVIDIA no longer supports some of these cards but the driver update was fine. Looks more like Adobe CC does not support my Quadro 4000M.

Any suggestion on what NVIDIA card to upgrade to ? Preferably, something that they won't drop next year.

Thanks

Scott Murrish

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Dell Support site and see if Dell has different drivers available.

Sometimes Dell needs their own video drivers for things to work properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run the Dell Support Assist to see if there are any drivers needed. Up to date. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See System Requirements below.  Unfortunately, what works best for Photoshop may not be the best set-up for Premier Pro as they have different requirements.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at those lists. My card is on both. NVIDIA and Dell apps say the driver is current.  

Note that I had no issues when I was running Windows 7 Pro (64).  I installed Windows 10 Pro (64), reinstalled the Adobe apps, updated drivers.  Things got wierd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you format C before installing Win10? 

Do you have all the latest Win10 updates?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No format.

Yes, updated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0