Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Serial Number for Mac - Hoping to switch to PC/Windows

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a product code and serial number for Adobe Creative Suite CS 5.5 - Design Standard Mac. Due to restricted updates on Mac computers I've had to switch to a PC laptop. I'm hoping I can get an updated serial number to use with the PC or another option. I hate to think this purchased product is no longer useful.

Best,

Brent

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer offer a swap option, and CS6 and earlier for Windows is no long sold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. So there is no way a new serial number could be generated so I could continue to use my purchased product? Dissappointing if that's the case since it was a significant investment for me the first time and now it can no longer be used. Did Adobe offer a discount on upgrading at any point so that people who bought it as a one-time (lifetime) purchase could sitll use the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have swapped as long as the product was current, Adobe did it for free. But their rule has always been that before you can swap you have to get current. This therefore ended around 2014 for CS6. That now means a Creative Cloud subscription, which can in fact be swapped without formality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Platform swaps ended with Creative Cloud because it can be installed on any platform -- Win, Mac or both.

Your aged out CS5 is no longer sold, supported or updated to work with modern operating systems.  It's strictly "use at your own risk" now.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements (on sale currently in USA for $69.99, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan -- approx $10/month for 12 months. Includes the latest versions of these great products & services:
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (31 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines