• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old version of adobe creative suite not able to be activated? [CS1 is dead and gone]

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old version of the Adobe Creative Suuite Premium (version 1.0).  Yes I know it's old, but still works.  Anyway, I have been using Illustrator for work for years now, and just installed the whole creative suite onto my laptop at home.  It will not let me activate the system, so I can't use it.  While working from home right now, this is very inconvenient and frustrating and because of the age of the program, adobe chat couldn't help.  Anyone know what I should do?  

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not be able to activate it.  The activation servers have been shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

temporarily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck?  I spent a lot of money on this creative suite.  How can it work but not be able to activate?  Maybe I don't understand.  Can you elaborate a little?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Get Started forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid your obsolete software from 17 years ago is dead and gone. When the activation servers failed several years back, Adobe retired them and discontinued support for Creative Suite 1.  There is no possible way to activate your outdated software today.  Sorry.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines