• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Version of CC Apps not uninstalled after 2018 install

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed the 2018 versions of all the CC apps (photoshop, Premier, lightroom, After Affects, indesign, etc.). Looks like even though i selected the check box to remove the old version but still some of the old apps stayed on my mac. Photoshop 2017 and Illustrator 2017 are the issues which together take up about 4.5 gb which i would like to reclaim. All the 2018 versions work fine no problem. The 2017 versions prompt errors if i try to run them so basically they are taking up space. Any help would be nice. Also the uninstaller files in the respective folders in applications don't work either (errors when trying to run). Can i just move the entire "Adobe Illustrator CC 2017" and "Adobe Photoshop CC 2017" folders in the applications folder into the trash? I dont want it to affect the current 2018 versions.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried your control panel, or whatever the crApple equivalent is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crApple...... it took a few seconds but i got it. lol. I use both but prefer apple. I need to point out that I do have my VM's running all versions of windows because you can't live without windows in this world. But i digress ........... there is no control panel in Mac OSX. They have something called the "Applications" folder where is where all the application executable and their related files live. Usually to uninstall an application, you simply move the object from the applications folder to the trash bin and that's it. I just want to make sure that doing so will not interfere with my new version of the listed applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine it would do any harm, and even if it did remove the new ones you can just install them again. your preferences will be saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I simply moved the 2017 folders from the applications folder into the trash bin and everything is still working normally. No negative affects. Will post again if any issues arise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines