• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option to disable?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud should really give users the option to "Disable on Start up".

Being a Mac user I decided a few years ago to start using Apple's video tools. As primarily a video editior I only use PS once in a while. Last summer I purchased a new 2019 Macbook Pro and only installed FCPX, Motion, Compressor and Logic. I run a failry "clean" OS and do not install any other 3rd party apps. Basically if Apple doesn't make it, I don't need it. I have an iMac that has several other apps I use when needed...I like to keep the Macbook Pro "clean".

Whenever I'd start up my laptop, no issues and it ran like butter. Even when I would run FCPX or Motion, rarely would the fans kick on. 

I decided to install Photoshop on the laptop and everytime I would restart it the fans would kick on. I didn't even open anything and the fans would spin up because Creative Cloud has so many background processes running. I found this extremely annoying and did a clean install of my macOS to remove CC from it. Again just installing Apple's video tools, it ran like butter, fans rarely kicking on...certainly not on start up.

After a few months I decided I needed to have PS on the laptop...so I installed only Photoshop, and again, whenever I boot up the laptop, about a dozen CC background processes launch and spin the fans up...all of this without me even opening any app. Just CC running in the background causes this.

I manually go into Activity monitor and kill all of the CC processes if I'm not going to be using PS. 

I understand that CC is cross platform and is an impossible task to optimize for all of the possible OS configurations...but at the very least I'm someone that doesn't use CC everyday. 

It would be really nice if Adobe would simply add an option to "Disable CC at start up". When CC is needed the user can manually launch it and then the files can sync, updates install, etc. 

Having CC auto launch on start up with a dozen or so processes running in the background causing my fans to spin up and having to manually kill all of the processes is completely ridiculous.

Adobe, please offer users the option to disable on start up.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

if you want to request that, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html though some things (subscription check) would probably occur no matter what settings you used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you want to request that, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html though some things (subscription check) would probably occur no matter what settings you used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines