• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Over price for Canadian Customer / charge in USA

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a big frustration toward Adobe, I have to pay every month 80$ / CAD to use Adobe kit. It's about 30$ more than the advertise in USA. That is depending of the Canadian dollar value so it does change per month. I found it expensive and why Adobe doesn't use CAD currency like they do for other Country. So we can have a better price to monthly. I called support and nothing to do. I'm always charged in USD. So 50$ = 80$. Not fair for Canadian Customer. Does Adobe is thinking of a better solution for Canadian Customer. We are oblige to use Adobe in my field. I prefer to pay license because I believe it's important to continue developing good Software. But at this price for Canadian, I think Adobe could improve the billing for all Canadian Customers.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums so you're not going get a response from the adobe business department (or any body that's actually involved with the decision of product pricing).

that said, imo, it sounds absolutely fair to charge in us $.  that way you have no complaints (to adobe) about the fluctuating value of the cad.

otoh, users from other countries (australia comes to mind) complain when adobe makes adjustments based on the value of the foreign (to the usa) currency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no it is not fair at all, I really pay 79$/month and we are probably millions of Canadian users. Adobe should improve and respect Canadian Customers. It is over price for us. Not really a nice comments but ok I understand your point of view but I do not agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I pay 80$ = 79.87$ approx / month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aren't you really complaining about the exchange rate?  ie, the cad (in your opinion) is valued too low vis-a-vis the usd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I do. Your in USA so you don't have this frustration. Also a lot of companies like Microsoft or Netflix offer good rate plan for Canadian in CAD. So my point here is to have other opinions from other Canadian Customer and not debate the low value of Canadian money. We are prob millions of CAD Customers so Adobe can afford to offer better plan and rate for Canadian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imagine if adobe were sympathetic and offered to value 1cad = 1us$ and charge you 50cad per month for the all apps subscription.  that wouldn't be fair to usa customers and would incentivize us customers to launder money via paypal or canadian banks so their us dollars would increase by ~35%.

anyway, i don't see a valid complaint here.  you should check the australia threads where they feel they're being charged a rate not justified by the monetary exchange rate.  imo, they have a valid complaint (if what they say is true and the entire truth).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, don't find this comment fair. Will be my last point on those comments. I didn't asked adobe to charge 50$ to Canadian but at least 60$ or 65$ instead of 80$. By the way even our hourly rate are less than USA companies. I hope you realize that USA make a lot of money.... and more on Canadian Customers. So like I said this post concern Canadian Customers not a debate about the rate and the currency conversion. If Netflix can give a good rate to Canadian, I also believe Adobe can't. And it does not harm USA money.... or USA Customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a valid complain. You don't pay this so you really don't feel my frustration over a company that make billions of money. My complain is valid for a Canadian Customer. Not up to you to judge my complain non-sense. Before the cloud I was paying Adobe once and use it over 5 years. Now with Cloud we can't do this. We're oblige to pay every month for software that I don't need those updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last point for my reply, Netflix is a good example. I'm charged 9$ / month Canadian not in USD. It's a faire price for Canadian. They don't charge in USD and they have good rate per month for Canadian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AVFQ I agree with your sentiments entirely. Adobe's lack of support for the Canadian dollar has been a major source of frustration for a lot of Canadians since Adobe switched to subscription-based pricing in 2013. As of today however, Adobe is finally supporting the Canadian dollar on their website. It only took them 8 years to do it, but I guess they finally managed to figure it out. Details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/x-productkb/policy-pricing/currency-change-canada-mexico.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines