Highlighted

Pause subscription

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will soon take a year or so of from my work with film. Is it possible to pause subscription and go on later when I will be back to computers and such? Or do I have to cancel the subscription and start up a new one later? I googled this question but did not find any onfo on this subject.

You will need to cancel and then resubscribe at some future time.  Be sure to cancel at the end of your current subscription or else there will be a penalty of 1/2 the remaining cost of the subscription.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pause subscription

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will soon take a year or so of from my work with film. Is it possible to pause subscription and go on later when I will be back to computers and such? Or do I have to cancel the subscription and start up a new one later? I googled this question but did not find any onfo on this subject.

You will need to cancel and then resubscribe at some future time.  Be sure to cancel at the end of your current subscription or else there will be a penalty of 1/2 the remaining cost of the subscription.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, 

I an aware of the terms and conditions but I was wondering if anything has changed on the ability to pause a subscription. In light of the current environment especially. If so please advise. Also where can I find out when my year is up? I can't seem to remember. 
thank you 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Addition to Ned's response you may also read the legal terms of subscription:

Legal subscription terms | Adobe

Hope this helps!

Feel free to get back to us for help.

Kanika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. Sometimes things come up. Having the ability to pause a subscription would be great. Heck, I wouldn't even mind continuing to pay each month, but still pause the usage, and have the paused time available at the end of the contract.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOME programs are available Monthly instead of Annual https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1926342 so you may cancel at any time

When you buy an annual subscription, be that paid once a year or with monthly payment, the terms you "click to agree" are for that entire year

The same as if you sign a one year lease on a car or apartment... you can't simply stop paying and then come back later and start paying again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, you are correct, I fully understood the terms of contract when I signed up, and I didn't say "It shouldn't be this way", I said "it would be great.".  One of the reasons companies have customer forums like this one is so customers can share suggestions and that's all that it was.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, this is a public forum with "some" employees who stop by from time to time... so you are mainly talking to other users here, not someone at Adobe who can (maybe) help... and, the technical staff who do read here to help people can't help (as far as I know) with Adobe's policies

What might work, at least to get your request to someone who can pass your message along, is to get the address of Adobe's main office and send a letter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that’s a terrible analogy and false equivalency.

Unlike a vehicle lease or an apartment rental, an Adobe subscription arguably only costs Adobe when we use the product; it is not a physical product.

Allowing a customer to pause their subscription (up to 2 months per contact year) would be a  great customer appreciation gesture.

The SAAS model has been remarkably successful for Adobe and after about five years, the subscription begins to cost the end-user significantly more money than the old model.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Shawn and countless other personal Adobe users on a home budget, who have worked with Adobe products at work, are familiar with them and greatly appreciate how they are generally far superior to the other brands.

I'd love to be able to pause the annual subscription, pay for the months I use it & switch it off between projects.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!

Microsoft have a "HUP" license (Home Use) for their Office suite, where, if you are working for a company that uses the Office suite, and have an eligible email address to that organisation, you can get the full Office suite for home use on two computers at a ridiculously good price ($25AU last one I had). Sadly MS are one of those companies that do graphics poorly & all the big companies use it (!?!).

Successful software is a license to print money, that's the game and that's just what Adobe are hooked into.

This may, or may not be the best forum to bring it to their attention and maybe affect a change of business strategy to "aid the less wealthy" (we dream on!!), but it makes us feel better to voice it, and maybe generate some support that a letter direct to admin would never achieve.

Deep breaths....   ;/ )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think pausing would be a great idea, but of course it would only be applicable to the higher price "pay monthly" plan...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shannon57  wrote

Microsoft have a "HUP" license (Home Use) for their Office suite, where, if you are working for a company that uses the Office suite, and have an eligible email address to that organisation, you can get the full Office suite for home use on two computers at a ridiculously good price ($25AU last one I had).

If you have a CC subscription at your office, you can use that subscription on 2 computers. So you may install the programs at home at no additional costs.

If you are using the software on an office desktop and office laptop, you may temporarily suspend the license on those computers to work at home on a personal project.

As your boss pays the license, he can in theory, disallow this use. But as long as you are not doing competitive work on your companies costs, you boss should be happy that you do some of your training at home.

At home, I have all the freedom to experiment without my IT intervening and limiting my access to resources.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really want to cancel my subscription plan, but the system to cancel doesn't supportive at all. I have to contact the support team, but no answer for 60 minutes. Really disappointed with the quality of the services

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Service is another way Adobe is exactly like a phone company, they know frustration is a factor in keeping you from leaving. I too was just made to wait on the phone (until I finally gave up). I'll try again as soon as I have time to waist.

For 50 bucks a month that's incredibly disappointing assistance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the problem with selfcancel?

Regards,
Abambo

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a helpful but disappointing answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also agree with Shawn. If you rent a car and don't use it, the car can still be damaged or stolen. It's a thing, which inevitably gets old even by merely staying parked on a street. If you stop using the CC apps, instead, there is no server usage, no cloud activity, apps can't get worn or torn.

Granting customers (especially small freelancers, who are subject to a lot of oscillation in work) a subscription pause, would be ethical. Which is why Adobe will never-ever do it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshuah5213462  wrote

Granting customers (especially small freelancers, who are subject to a lot of oscillation in work) a subscription pause, would be ethical. Which is why Adobe will never-ever do it.

Does your phone company grant you a pause? Mine does not.

I have a subscription for the train to get to work! During my holidays I do not get a pause.

Adobe could do a lot of things. But they are a corporation have shareholders and need to make profit (as the company I work for also needs to do...). They changed from a perpetual license model to a subscription model (I was using subscription based software long before Adobe changed their mode of operations, and I changed to perpetual when it was more economical to change to perpetual and to subscription when it was more economical to change to a subscription model) and they are highly successful with that. They will not change until the market changes... and if you look at it, Microsoft too is highly successful with subscription models and my guess is that software as a service is a most successful model in the future...

Sorry guys, all the rest is if and when...

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You hit it on the head: Adobe, who deal with the vast mosaic of the creative world, behave like a phone company.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I could also add my cable TV provider who gives me very poor service for the moment, my bank, my car leasing company, gas service provider, electricity provider, MIcrosoft, Autodesk, ...

A company has responsibility to 3 kinds of people: customers, employees and shareholders. In this case employees prevail, as Adobe needs to know how many people to hire...

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines