• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phishing from fake Adobe Rep?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently created an adobe account to purchase adobe acrobat pro.  I called customer service because I had a question about my activating my key and  was transfered to a support for adobe acrobat pro.  He sent me an email to verify my email address, which was weird due to the fact that I had already verified it when I made my account.  

https://adobeid.services.adobe.com/verify/en_US/9R2Y60M7XSSTDZA7ZNK4GRVAJC

This is the link I received.  I clicked it and typed in my password and got a code from +1(844)200-2305, which i typed in to verify my account.  He gave me another link to purchase the software, which is when i found all this suspicious.  I choose not type in the url he provided and instead purchased the software from elsewhere.  When i checked what sessions my account was logged into, for some reason I had a session logged in in India.  I quickly canceled the session and changed my password.  What is going on with Adobe.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what key do you have that needs activation (unless it's older adobe software) and what's that key have to do with making a recent purchase of adobe software from anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased acrobat professional 2020 and had a question about what I would need to qualify for the student pricing. The person I was directed to through customer service, sent me an email that included the link i posted above.  The number that sent me the Adobe code to login was the number I posted above, and when you search in this forum about that phone number, it seems to be tied to a phising scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The session from India would be expected, as a lot of tech support is conducted from there. However, that's about as far as it goes, because other reports suggest this email is a scam -- https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/phishing-site-number/td-p/11230904?page=1

Aha! This may be an attempt to steal your account details !! But my key question is how did you "call customer service"? If you phoned, how did you find the number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the number on the adobe website, through their sales department.  (800)585-0774

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so, i assume this is no longer an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines