• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photography Plan Rip off?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photography plan was supposed to be 9.99. However I'm being charged 23.99. When I went to cancel Adobe told me I'd lose Photoshop and portfolio amongst other things. This I thought was covered under the  49.99 a month for CC?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think I understand what you've chosen to pay for. The Photography Plan is indeed $9.99 but there are other plans with Photoshop which cost more. Or there are penalties for cancelling early. But you say "I thought was covered under the  49.99 a month for CC?" -- this is what puzzles me. Do you mean you also take out an All Apps plan, and took a Photography Plan as well? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"IF" you have a full CC subscription, which from the last part of your post it sounds like you do, you Do Not Need a second Photography plan subscription to get Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. All Adobe apps are included with the Full subscription.

So I'm not sure what you are asking and writing about.

The Portfolio part is only good, included, with a subscription. Cancel the subscription you lose access to using Portfolio. Just like if you Subscribed to some other online Photo system and then Stopped paying for that subscription.

Not sure why that is hard to understand.

"IF" you do have a Full subscription then you should port evrthing over from the photography plan Portfolio subscription to the Full subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The problem is that if you cancel the ''Photography plan'' you lose access to the other apps.

So, even if I have a full 50 euro/mo plan for creative cloud apps, they activated a photography plan also and you cant cancel without paying a 45 euro ''penalty'' and losing access to 6 apps. 

I never opted for this rip-off plan and I saw on my bank statement that I paid an extra 10 euro/mo for this useless plan on top of my creative cloud package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The problem is that if you cancel the ''Photography plan'' you lose access to the other apps."

Who says?

"So, even if I have a full 50 euro/mo plan for creative cloud apps, they activated a photography plan also and you cant cancel without paying a 45 euro ''penalty'' and losing access to 6 apps. " I don't know who "they" is. Are you saying Adobe started this plan, even though you already had an all apps plan, and without your consent? That would be bad.

Also, which 6 apps would you lose and why?

Does this useless extra plan show in your account? If not, someone has stolen your card details to buy the extra plan and you have no power to cancel it with Adobe, only report the card theft to card issuer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Dan,

but what you're writing is nonsense. Let me summerize lightly the different plans:

• There is a Photography plan (20Gb cloud space+Lightroom Classic+Photoshop CC+the here useless Lightroom CC)+some goodies 10$/month
  • There is a Lightroom plan (1Tb of cloud space+the here usable Lightroom CC)+ some goodies 10$/month
  • For a few buck a month more, you get the Photography plan with 1Tb of cloud space. That makes Lightroom CC usabe.
  • Then there are some Document Cloud plans (Acrobat related)
  • There are single App plans +100Gb of cloud space
  • There is the all App plan+100Gb of cloud space, priced such that if you regularily use 3 of the CC apps, you should take this one.

With the all app plan, you get all apps+goodies above except that at 100Gb cloud space Lightroom CC is only mildly usable.

Nobody "activates" a Photography plan on top of the all app plan as there is nothing to win. Even if I would like to book the Photography plan, Adobe website would reject my booking because of my all app plan. But for sure, I could use the same credit card and book a different plan (or the same) with a different Adobe id.

To clarify your current situation, I strongly advise you to contact Adobe support. Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type "agent". They can look into that and may be you find either that you booked a different plan on a different id or that something else did go wrong.

Please update this if you neeed furthe explanations.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines