• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 to 2021?

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a CC Dummies 101 user and am wondering does my Photoshop automatically update to 2021? I've been searching and reading and only becoming more confused. I went to my Help tab in my Photoshop and it said You're up to date. I also checked the Creative Cloud desktop app and it said the same.

When I look at Systems Info in the Help tab I see this "Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.1.2 20200410.r.136 2020/04/10: efaf3fa4e40 x64" 

I suppose with all that I checked I am updated to the 2021 but since I'm new to this feel a bit unsure. I don't recall getting any messages about being updated. And nothing looks different in my PS. 

Can someone tell me if I'm okay for the 2021 version? Thank you.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at my Photoshop computer now, but I don't think you are up to date, as 2021 is version 22.0.1:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoo boy then I am totally lost. I find this whole Creative Cloud so confusing. And I am not real tech savy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Peru Bob's suggestions you might also want to confirm that your computer meets the requirements to use the PS 2021 version. They are listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If your computer didn't meet these then the update wouldn't be available. Depending on your update settings sometimes it will remove the prior version or sometimes it will leave it installed. You might also just want to check the list of installed Adobe applications from the Start menu (Windows) or Applications folder (Mac). It is possible you might have both versions installed but you're still launching the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to ask my husband to look at the requirements as that link is beyond my understanding. I did check my start menu and it only lists the 2020 version. If I meet the requirements will Adobe Support help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in looking around I did find an email from CC and it states this below. But when I do the Click Here, it takes me to the CC app where it says I am up to date.

The latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud is here.

Click here or login to the Creative Cloud app to update your apps and access the latest features.

Sincerely,
The Creative Cloud Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So my husband looked at the requirements and I have everything except the 4GB of hard disk space. So I guess I'll be sticking with the 2020 version for some time since I don't have the $ to buy another larger disk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines