Highlighted

Photoshop and Illustrator are exhibiting slow performance

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've noticed Photoshop and Illustrator are struggling lately in terms of performance. A bit slow to open files and save larger files. I thought it could be my an issue with my iMac, but it's only a few months old. I've transferred all my files to an external drive (so there's only around 250GB of 1TB being used). I've run first aid on all drives, cleared RAM and even run a virus scan. One thing I hadn't considered (until now) is I haven't updated the OS, I'm still running Mojave. I didn't update it because I was told by the apple expert who sold me my mac that Adobe software doesn't work on Catalina. Is this still the case... or was this ever the case? I'm not sure if an OS upgrade will improve Adobe performance, but I'm clutching at straws I guess. Thank you in advance.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop and Illustrator are exhibiting slow performance

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've noticed Photoshop and Illustrator are struggling lately in terms of performance. A bit slow to open files and save larger files. I thought it could be my an issue with my iMac, but it's only a few months old. I've transferred all my files to an external drive (so there's only around 250GB of 1TB being used). I've run first aid on all drives, cleared RAM and even run a virus scan. One thing I hadn't considered (until now) is I haven't updated the OS, I'm still running Mojave. I didn't update it because I was told by the apple expert who sold me my mac that Adobe software doesn't work on Catalina. Is this still the case... or was this ever the case? I'm not sure if an OS upgrade will improve Adobe performance, but I'm clutching at straws I guess. Thank you in advance.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 23, 2020 0

Have something to add?