Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop and Illustrator won't open

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I've just recently updated Windows 10  (version 2004). I thought this would fix the problem but it hasn't. Both my Photoshop and Illustrator won't let me create a new project when I go to File >New and Photoshop won't even let me open an image. They open but it's a grey screen with the menu bar.

I have checked for updates both for Windows and CreativeCloud. Everything is up to date. I have also uninstalledand reinstalled both programs but nothing has helped. 

If anyone knows how to fix this - I would really appreciate it! 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences:

lightroom: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html
photoshop: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

p.s.  please don't attach images to adobe forums (that then require downloading to view).  embed images using the "insert photo" icon at the top of the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this didin't work. I can't reset my preferences. Here's what I see when I open Illustrator. I can't open anything when I click file >new

illustrator.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
If you can please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box.
If you can't edit your post please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can always reset preferences.

read the links to see the prefence file locations and delete the preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simple.

#1. Lauch Photoshop. 

#2. Press & hold Ctrl+Shift+Alt or CMD+Option+Shift immediately. 

#3. A diolouge will appear asking if you want to delete your Photoshop Preferences.

#4. Reply "Yes". Then Phothoshop will delete your preferences. It will set a default set of preferences for your ID.

#5. It will most likely open and will not crash.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines