• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cannot install due to error

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues installing Photoshop CC v21.2.1 from my creative cloud app. It will begin to install, then part of the way through (usually around 20%) a message pops up saying "Insufficient disk space. Please clear space and try again. (Error Code: 120)". The issue is, I have plenty of space. I moved the install location from my default drive (which would have had enough space but it was a little tight) to another drive that had over 600 gigabytes free. It continued to display the same message, even though I could see that it was installing into the correct drive. I even tried installing another program, Illustrator, which I know has an even larger file size than Photoshop, and that worked fine. I also tried installing an older version of Photoshop to no avail. Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated. 🙂

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some files are still installed on your c drive.  if there's not enough room for those files, installation will fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then why would I be able to install Illustrator just fine? It goes to the same location and I installed it from the same place, so I don't know why there is that descrepancy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop may need more space on C. At the time the error is on screen, how much space is free on C?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading the creative cloud app I have about 800 mb free. I knew that probably isn't enough, so I change the location for app installations to a folder in my D drive, which has 600 gb free. Illustrator installed on the D drive just fine, but Photoshop can't, and I dont know why. I tried uninstalling creative cloud and putting it on my D drive, but I couldn't change the location for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are critically short of space. You need much more than a gigabyte free on your system disk, just to run normally. Also, as I said, some things need to be installed on C. There is c:\Program Files\Common Files which cannot be moved. There is the Windows installer database which grows with everything you install. And much more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines