Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Supporting info first.

Running Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

Creative Cloud 5.2.1.441

Photoshop vesion installed is CC 2018

Everything worked up until today. Trying to open the application throws the error in the subject. 

Error: api-ms-win-core-synch-ansi-l1-1-0.dll is missing.

I've uninstalled / reinstalled with no luck.

I've checked a work mates laptop - they dont have that dll file and photoshop works fine.

All other apps load ie Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator.

I can't update to latest version asthis device isn't windows 10.

Any ideas as to why the error has just started to appear and how it can be resolves?

Many thanks

Tim

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The missing dll api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dllcomes with a Windows update. To resolve this issue goto to the Microsoft site download and install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows 

More infos here: Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

That is a different file you referenced but I'm willing to try anything. 

Will update once I've run the update. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that fix the issue?  I am having the same issue on my Win8 device.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I tried to add the DLL, then there was a new LIBRARY dll that errored it out.  I ended up uninstalling Photoshop then being unable to reinstall because I have Win8.1 (incompatible).  The Adobe support team was pretty helpful and did a remote install of an older PS for me.  I used the Creative Cloud app to reach out to support via the chat window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning, It didn't fix the issue for me, no. Well, the update mentioned was already on this device.

I'm now re-installing the CC desktop as adobe help mentioned that may fix things. Also on a live chat with support... we shall see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**UPDATE**

So no idea why this worked but the support chap installed / reinstalled Camera Raw and that fixed the issue.

Photoshop now works as normal. 

Thanks

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. But mine is extended. After the .dll error, Photoshop throwns a volume error. I can't even start it up, not even after a fresh reinstall. CTRL + ALT is not working.

Anyone any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLUTION: Adobe Camera Raw got an update yesterday. Photoshop magically started working again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines