• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC menu items are too small to be read.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Photoshop CC on my new laptop with a screen resolution of 3200 x 1800. The menu items and text on panel items on the program are so small I can barely read them. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

There is no high-DPI support in Windows versions of Adobe products. You will have to lower the system's screen resolution to improve matters.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no high-DPI support in Windows versions of Adobe products. You will have to lower the system's screen resolution to improve matters.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem with AutoCAD2014 and Photoshop C6.  Searched internet and found this website that has a work about that works:

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Took me about 5 minutes and I now have it working with menu text the regular size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but I noticed that Illustrator CC menus are displayed fine on the same screen. I took a screen capture of the 2 UIs side by side on my screen which has a resolution of 3840 x 2160. On this screen I cannot use Photoshop CC because the menus are simply too small to read but I can use illustrator CC with no problems because the menus appear to be double the size with this application. Why can't Photoshop CC be updated to work like Illustrator CC ?

Adobe Photoshop CC menu problem.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my problem. My screen res is 3200x1800 and the Adobe Photoshop menu items are too small to read. However I have no problem with my Adobe Lightroom menus. I was hoping that Adobe would solve this problem in one of their updates, but so far nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2014 Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo. Exactly right.

Other Adobe products, as well as many other programs, do not have this problem.

Asking users to switch to a lower resolution rather than fix the software is simply insanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencieng the same problem but the other way round: the appearence of the latest version (2014) is too big. All prevous versions of Illustrator worked just fine. The trouble began upgrading to CC2014. I can not use the application any more because of the large size of the overall screen. See below screen shot:

This shot was taken while both programs were open.

On two machines the problem only occurs in Illustrator only - all other applications (CC 2014) upgraded just fine.

Any idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. AI size works fine for me, but the PS is just too small for my eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed yet? Even on 1080p monitors, the text for the dropdown menus on the top bar is way too small. It should correspond to the setting of font size you have set in Windows preferences but it's not. Any ideas on when this is going to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I change my resolution down to 1024x768 the font is still too small to read.  Changing from 1920X1200 to low res, has no effect whatsoever.  I can't even use Edge Animate, because I can't read the menus.  Please fix this, or prepare to provide refunds to a lot of upset users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem with AutoCAD2014 and Photoshop C6.  Searched internet and found this website that has a work about that works:

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Took me about 5 minutes and I now have it working with menu text the regular size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this yet????
Basic STANDARD (native) resolution of 1920x1080 on Windows 8 machines is EXTREMELY COMMON... c'mon ADOBE!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my new Microsoft Surface Pro.  The Adobe software that I pay for monthly cannot be used as the menus and toolbar is too small to read. Crazy and silly that this has not been correct.  Time to look elsewhere for compatible software on high res screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously!  It has been 3.5 years since this has been going on and Adobe STILL has not corrected this?  So because I have a higher screen resolution, I have to decrease what my computer is capable of doing so that they don't have to have a fix to their issue!  Ridiculous that on a GRAPHICS program you have to have a lower screen resolution to use a GRAPHICS program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit>Preferences>Technology Previews
In that  dialog, in the left panel, click Interface
Go down to Text section
There you can change UI Font Size to Large
You can also change UI Scaling to 200%

Restart Photoshop for the new settings to take effect
Experiment with those to get the best sizing for your screen resolution.
I set both (Large & 200%) on my laptop to get text I can read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed this, countrygirl . Got tired of reading through all the help that wasn't helping, I guess.  You are right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a champ.  Thank you.  Curious that a graphics company seems to want to promote eye strain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesn't magnify things enough for a 2566x1440 monitor. Backing the resolution down one level has helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed a very detailed path of suggestions including an online video about changing the manifest file (no idea what that is, but managed to get through it all) for Adobe Photoshop - only to find when I was ready to save that file that I did not have administrator privileges to do so.  In the end, I went back to the "Preferences" in Adobe Photoshop and, where I had already selected "Interface-->UI font size Large", I also changed "UI Scaling" to 200% from 100% - and it miraculously solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked for you, Allison!

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017, allisonb83609373 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines