• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC opens and then closes immediately. What gives?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have signed up for the Photoshop CC and Lightroom package. Lightroom is running fine (Lightroom 5.2, 64-bit, Windows 7).

However, although Photoshop seemed to install OK, when I open it, it immediately shuts down.

When I look in Creative Cloud manager, it says Photoshop CC is "up to date".

Uninstalled Photoshop CC, logged out of Creative Cloud, logged back in again, and re-installed Photoshop CC.

Installation appeared to go OK. I started PS, window opened, and immediately closed. Was asked to complete registration by logging with my Adobe ID. I did (had done so previously but went rhough it again) but PS still crashes.

Signed out of Creative Cloud; signed back in again; PS still crashes, but a pop-up appeared stating that I should complete my registration by signing in with my Adobe ID. Did so, again.

Rebooted. Still no success.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

There's a fix!

Un-install Photoshop CC.

Un-install Adobe CC.

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and find SLCache and delete it.

Go to: C:\ProgramData\Adobe and find SLStore and delete it.

Restart.

Install Adobe CC.

Install Photoshop.

Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5869188#5869188

Welcome to the club.

Either it's a serious problem with Photoshop having incompatibilities with Windows 7 64bit, or it's Adobe's anti-piracy measures kicking in on it's users who pay...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read through the link in your reply--exact same problem as I am having. I've pretty well done everything outlined in that discussion (apart from the many hours you and others have spent with Adobe techies. (I did try a chat, but no one ever answered.)

Needless to say, this is more than frustrating, and it's not a club I would willingly join ;(

I hope I will be able to cancel my CC membership without too big a lo$$ if there is no solution soon. Maybe CC should be Crap Cloud, at least for some of us.

Thanks for your reply and the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's entirely frustrating.

I was hoping to be able to use photoshop, and keep thinking "I should upgrade to the $49.99 plan that has everything!," and then I remember that Adobe is so focused on stopping people from pirating photoshop, they ruined it.

As long as it is still within your first month of activation (for the plan) you can withdraw from it without penalty.

And no problem; Would hate to see others suffer without being informed of what is actually going on. I'm surprised this issue isn't more commonly known of. Outside of my findings, no one has really posted in-depth about it and why it is (possibly) happening. (Google search brings up NOTHING. Adobe knows not of this problem, either...)

I'm tempted to download a crack, just so I can have that trial version of Photoshop CC without Adobe CC in the way at launch, then ask Adobe for a serial to activate Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly, even to trying a cracked version, at least temporarily.

This is so rotten--I was really looking forward to post-processing with PS.

Thanks for the note about cancelling--I am in the first month, so unless there is a significant advance in correcting this issue, I will be cancelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I also have the same thing but Lightroom runs ok. Did yours? Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? Wish I hadn't signed up now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, Lightroom runs just fine. Especially since it is able to register fully from a prompt at first-launch. Unlike Photoshop CC.

A lot of people are having this issue, and Adobe does not seem to care.

Link to my thread about this: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5869188#5869188

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same thing.

I contacted Adobe Customer Service (chat line). The first time I was ninth in line, and after explaining the issue, I was transferred to technical assistance. They couldn't help. By that time I had to quit. Yesterday I contacted customer service again--22nd in line; a looong wait--but was able to cancel my subscription and get a refund.

No one seems to know how to solve this issue--MrNameloc's thread is a good tale.

Too bad--it was a good deal, apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same story here, windows 7 (64 bit), opens then loads then five to ten seconds later it closes. Tried reinstalling about three times, uninstalled everything, lightroom seemed to work fine. I am more than happy to work with Adobe to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck. Keep us posted please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a fix!

Un-install Photoshop CC.

Un-install Adobe CC.

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and find SLCache and delete it.

Go to: C:\ProgramData\Adobe and find SLStore and delete it.

Restart.

Install Adobe CC.

Install Photoshop.

Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! How did you discover this?

...and damn--I just cancelled a couple days ago. I'll have to see if I can re-subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A YouTube comment.

From a video I posted showcasing the Photoshop CC problem.

Apparently it wasn't registration after all -- Just a glitch with Photoshop CC and Windows 7 64bit.

Glad to hear it's working! How was re-subscribing? Things didn't turn out weird since they only have the "for CS3+ customers" package available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem re-subscribing. The $9.99 package for all had been extended,

and all went as expected, and WORKED!

Again, thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure enough--it works. I followed your steps; had to reregister as I had cancelled earlier, but now everything seems to be OK--at least I've opened PS CC twice and done some edits just to be sure.

Thanks very much for your assistance. Good stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thank you so much, I just finished a photoshoot tonight so I can edit my photos this weekend.

I just desintalled photoshop and deleted the two folders, I didn't delete Adobe CC, and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Mines working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to say THANK YOU MrNameloc for this thread. I have been trying to get my Photoshop CC to install as it kept crashing after Adobe Creative Cloud download and update failure. I have been trying everything and following several threads and Adobe CUstomer Service directions for the past 3 days and I finally found this thread ans applied your directions and ALL works.

Thank You

MrNameloc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still here. I followed your instructions and had success in getting it to run. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Deleted those files, uninstalled and reinstalled, same crashing.

This is so frustrating.  I have work to do and projects to complete. WTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a Mac version of how to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshua Warmuth: Windows has found a problem with photoshop and has to close it down

Gokul: Okay.

Gokul: Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014

joshua Warmuth: ok

Gokul: Move sniffer file to desktop.

joshua Warmuth: ok

Gokul: Now launch Photoshop CC 2014 and check if you have the same issue.

joshua Warmuth: mate your a legend, thankyou very much

Gokul: You are most welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did this and PS is still frzzeing and closing when i open ugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines