Photoshop CC won't extract files from Creative Cloud

New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64 bit

Pentium Dual Core

8 GB RAM

I just downloaded creative cloud today so that I can do the free trial of adobe photoshop cc. After installing the cloud thing I restarted my computer and attempted to click the "try" button next to photoshop cc under the apps tab. It starts to download and gets about a third of the way through and then stops and says

"Unable to extract files. Press retry to download again or contact customer support. (EX20)"

What in the heck does this mean and why is it so difficult to simply start a free trial?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be anything from running out of disk space to permissions issues on your temp folder. Based on your sparse info we can#t know.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been dealing with this problem with Adobe for almost 2 months.  Yesterday, for the first time since the beginning of August i was able to install a half dozen CC programs ... i thought it was all fixed.  Today, the programs download but they get stuck on extracting what i think are the program updates.  This is on an iMac.  My son and i also use a Windows machine and so far there are NO problems on that platform.  Unfortunately, the iMac is the machine we bought to work with the CC stuff and so we have been a little hamstrung by this.  So, I would suggest you put a few more details here ... machine type, exact percentage, exact system message (error message), etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines