• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 won't validate with s/n

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran PS CS5 on an old IMac for years.   Deactivated it's MacOS Photoshop CS5 and retired the iMac and cleaned it's drive.

Now trying to install PS CS5 on new Windows PC using my Adobe PS CS5 upg for Windows DVD.  

It installs fine but when I input the serial number from the DVD case it says its not a valid serial number for the product.

If I login to my Adode ID and try to register with same serial number it returns "this serial number is already in use".

Searched but could find no Adobe contact chat or phone # for legacy product serial number issues.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install an upgrade you SHOULD be given a screen during the install to enter the serial number of the program you had before, to validate the fact of installing an upgrade instead of a full version

Adobe no longer supports CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John -

This is a new PC so it has had no previous Photoshop installed.  The old MacOS PS CS5 I suppose was the "previous" but it's obviously a different platform for which I have the install DVD as well.   I don't recall seeing any green to enter a previous PS s/n during install. It did prompt for a s/n and I entered the one on the CS5 upg DVD case and it proceeded to install ok.    After install and PS startup it pops up a window to enter a s/n or start a Trial.  Enter the same s/n again and it spits out "not valid for this product".   Why it said that after using the same s/n to install is strange.

Maybe I should unintall PSCS5 and try reinstalling it with my old CS3 Win DVD s/n? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my PS CS5 again. It never asks for a s/n from a pevious version. I tried my PS CS3 s/n and it rejected it as not valid for the product. 

After uninstall and before install attempt I tried again to register the s/n in my Adobe account but it continues to say "serial number already in use".   

The serial number is not in use by any of our computers that I can imagine.  My previous CS5 on MacOS was deactivated which should allow a new install on Windows.   My wife has PS CS6 on her iMac.  

So now have PS CS5 installed on new Windows PC in Trial mode in hopes that I or someone can figure a way to activate it and not flush many years and versions of Photoshop CS down the drain. 

Please don't suggest a CC subsciption as an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines