• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 11 won't install

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short: I have a copy of Photoshop and Premiere Elements 11 (which came with my Nikon camera purchased several years ago) that I installed on my old computer. I never got to grips with it though so never used it. I've just switched to a new computer which doesn't have a CD Rom and as Elements 11 is discontinued to download, I went out and bought an external CD Rom to do so. Premiere installed OK, but Photoshop won't even give me an option to install, it just shows me files on the CD. I want to attend the Adobe Max conference next week and need Photoshop on my computer. Adobe are unable / unwilling to assist, told me to ask the community! I have registered both products but as they weren't purchased from Adobe they don't appear in my orders. Any ideas? Thanks.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a SETUP.EXE program on the disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is. Should I follow that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much John, much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a couple of years later, but I have the same program (Photoshop Elements 11) that was installed on a previous computer, and I can find no setup.exe file on it anywhere. Any suggestions? I barely used this expensive program on my old computer before it went kaplooie. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

Windows versions have a setup.exe file. Macs will have .dmg or .pkg files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is helpful. After you post I looked on the disk ad it had .dmg and .pkg and then I found the box that the software had originally come in and the outside of the box indicated that there were both Windows and Mac versions in the box. I wonder if there is a separate disk I have floating around somewhere that has the Windows version on it. Well anyway, I appreciate that info because that got me looking when I was thinking that had to be the disk I previously used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. My post didn't work. It looks like there may have been two discs in the box, one Windows, one Mac, and that I was trying to install the Mac disc on my Windows computer. I will have to look in my box of discs for the Windows version. Thanks for that information as it at least showed me why it wasn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Elements 11 is quite old and may not be compatible with latest Windows OS.  It came out in 2012 and was built to run on Win 8. 

Have you given any thought to getting new software that's compatible with new computers?  PS Elements has made significant improvements in 10 years.  Something to consider.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will consider it. Just trying to conserve funds at this point, so if the old one still works, I'd like to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tracy, I can give the following suggestions;

Dust or dirt on a CD can interfere with an installation and prevent the CD-ROM drive from recognizing the CD. Examine the Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements CD for dirt, dust, or fingerprints. Gently wipe the bottom of the CD from the center outward with a soft, lint-free cloth.

Verify that the CD-ROM drive can read other CDs. If it can't, examine the CD caddy or loading tray for dirt, and clean it with a lint-free cloth. Hope you'll find the Setup.exe file. Setup.png

If your disk appears to be damaged, contact the vendor for a replacement. If you purchased your disk directly from Adobe, then contact them for more queries.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

If you want to purchse a new copy follow this link:
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lena, the CD drive is fine, it plays other discs, and I can't see any damage on the Photoshop one. Fortunately, I've had some useful advice from John and believe it or not, Adobe themselves contacted me to help so posting here has been a win!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines