Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 Installation Problems

Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 12 installs fine on a Windows XPSP3 platform (from C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop\Adobe Photoshop Elements 12).

On a Windows 7 SP1 platform C:\Users\....\Desktop\Adobe Photoshop Elements 12, but will not run

Error 1000 Application error caused by PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe followed by

Error:  1005     (100)

Description: Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Photoshop Elements 12 Editor because of this error.

The same source installation file was used in bith installs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

installing using compatibility mode might be easier than solving the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

installing using compatibility mode might be easier than solving the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Using Compatibility Mode

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/cdd894f8-1ee2-43e5-952b-d04c25779a7f/how-to-install-a-software-application-using-compatibility-mode?forum=w7itproappcompat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I got the same results. It's strange that PSE 10 installs without a problem on Windows 7, but PSE 12 doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a computer with Elements 12 on it that died. Now I installed the program on the next laptop, but, it does not always work, so I went to intall on the next one, but I get a message that it cannot be installed because it would be past the number of allowed units.  Further, when I buy the next one, I would like to have it on plus one back up. ....  So how do I notify Adobe, so that they know when a computer has died or when I swap?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had Elements 12 for several years. I never had this problem before.  I think it is because my laptops, in the past, were new when acquired, & so lasted longer. 

I expect it may take a while for you to get back to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines